• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

Re: can someone help me indentify a gun???

The best folks to get a hold of are the Havlins, Victor or Cheryl!

Havlin Sales

You can call or email, and they have in the past responnded pretty quickly to email, Cheryl is pretty good about answering emails promptly!!!

Re: 500 Home defense/field combos??

A recoil reducing stock on the 12 gauge will make it very user friendly. I have the Knoxx BlackhawkSpec-Ops and love it. I have been shooting 3 1/2 inch magnum loads with no bruising or soreness. The make one that looks more like a conventional synthetic stock. With the Spec-Ops you can set the length of the stock.

Quick bump here. Does anyone here have any add'l comments/concerns on the 500 12ga field/security combo?

I'm seriously considering this setup and would love to hear some input. There doesn't seem to be much conversation about the 54169...

I have the Field/Deer Combo (28" barrel w/ chokes and 24" rifled barrel) and it works awesome. I'm ordering a security barrel here in a month or so, but as the 28" barrel goes it will work for anything. Not very wieldable in close quarters, but shoots tight groups. If you don't need the rifled barrel (I'll be using it for deer) then the Field/Security combo is your best option.

The field/security combo is a good deal, OFM is nearly eating the barrel cost given the retail on a barrel.

I say do it! :D

Mossberg 600AT KPR 12

Hello,

I just picked up an interesting Mossberg the other day and I am having trouble finding information on it.
It's a New Haven 600AT and the receiver is marked "KPR 12" It has a pistol grip and a 18.5 in barrel. Pretty standard in the Mossberg world I know, but what does the KPR 12 stand for? and do you think this gun left the factory in the pistol grip/short barrel config? I was wondering if it was built for police use or prisons.

All the 600At's I have seen were regular sporting shotguns with 28 inch barrels and wood stocks. And I read a post that said the 600AT's were sold by department stores and the 600AT is the same as the 500.
Is that true?

Re: Mossberg 600AT KPR 12

I am attaching a few pics. No thread is any good without pics! :D Maybe it will help. And if anybody know when the KPR may have been manufactured that would be nice to know too. One pic shows the nomenclature on the left side. It says KPR 12.

It hasn't been used much, it's in near mint condition. Not much slide wear and very few scratches anywhere. The bore is perfect. The price was awesome and I couldn't pass it up. I would rate it at 98% percent overall. It appears there is still some factory grease in this SG. :lol:

Attachments

• KPR 12 muzzle.JPG
    KPR 12 muzzle.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 3,550
  • mossberg KPR 12 grip.JPG
    mossberg KPR 12 grip.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 3,550
  • mossberg KPR 12 nomenclature.JPG
    mossberg KPR 12 nomenclature.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 3,550

Thanks, I really appreciate the link!!! :) Now I just wish I could figure out what "KPR" signifies.

I googled "KPR 12 shotgun" and it referenced the New Haven 600AT KPR 12. Evidently it is just the model number of that particular version of the 600AT.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum vforce800 !!

I alos think that the KPR is a New Haven model name...

Re: Which Mossberg 500 Do You Have?

Hi! I too have a question for Full Auto, but cannot contact him via private message. Should he see this or if anyone else has the answer to my question, please reply.

I just purchased a Mossberg model# 50588 exactly like Full Auto's. I'd like to know how he mounted the flashlight. My gun has a plastic piece that runs from the barrel/mag tube spacer, to the barrel/mag tube spacer that the heatshield screws into. Because of this plastic thingy, I cannot put a rail system on. It looks like he cut this thing off. (Zoom in).

MOSSBURG.jpg

Can I do this to mine? I'm not sure what this thing is for, I'm new to shotguns. The following picture clearly shows the plastic thingy between the barrel and mag tube.

mossbergbanner.jpg

Thanks for the help!

It does look like his heatshield stop has been cut down and braced against the light mount bracket. You could also file down a section at the bottom of the support and fit it over the top of the bracket to allow clearance. I'm sure it could be made to work either way.

Is that what it's called, a heatshield stop? Is it even necessary to have it? Model 50580 doesn't have this, but both weapons are extremely similar.

7182__15546_std.jpg

If I cut this heat shield stop, then put a Laserlyte Tri-rail mount in front of where the heatshield clamps down on the barrel, would that be sufficient to keep the heatsheild from moving forward?

41V3JwSiFCL._AA300_.jpg

Attachments

• mossberg%2050580.jpg
    mossberg%2050580.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 3,311
From the looks of that mount. you should be able to leave the heatshield stop at its current length. You'll only need enough clearance for the clamp screws and a small amount of material could be filed off the bottom surface of the heatshield stop if necessary.

Alright, I will order this soon. Thanks for your help. I will post back here on this topic with my results to help others with the same question.

I think I just found my shotgun forum home. :)

No problem, glad to help and I look forward to your update.

You've definitely found one of the friendliest, and most helpful communities on the web. Our intersts extend far beyond shotguns too, so don't heitate to ask if you have any other questions. Be sure you stop by the new members section and introduce yourself to the group...

New Member Welcome Area

Back