• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

Re: Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock Buttstock OPTIONS CHO

I'd assume (ass-u-me) no ... but that's something you'll have to ask ATI directly, or at least someone that's tried it. From the installation instructions on ATI's website it doesn't look like it would work with the cheek rest on there, but it doesn't specifically say.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
I'd assume (ass-u-me) no ... but that's something you'll have to ask ATI directly, or at least someone that's tried it. From the installation instructions on ATI's website it doesn't look like it would work with the cheek rest on there, but it doesn't specifically say.

I didnt think it would but never hurts to check. I just want to try this stock out. Of course I still have the knoxx and when I get the shotty back I will be testing out the knoxx. I also wanted to get this stock though and try it out. Whichever one I like best I will keep and sell the other. No biggie.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
I ordered mine just a few months ago and the pad on yours looks different than mine. It looks like they just changed the mold design though ... shouldn't affect usability. Maybe post up your question in the ATI vendor section or wait till their rep sees this post.

2011-09-19143015.jpg
is the butt pad on yours very hard or is it kinda mushy? mine is really hard. I went shooting and my shoulder kinda of hurts. The pistol grip portion is great it really absorbs recoil. My doesn't hurt at all and I was shoting some pistol grip only. These magnums shells have quite some punch and sound. I didn't like the PDX1 that much. The PDX1 recoils alot and made the same kinda of patern of my federal hydra shok 00 buck which I think has alittle less recoil.

Yea it is a 'hard' type pad vs. something like my LimbSaver slip-on. I still have yet to get out and shoot this thing since I bought the new stock. It's driving me crazy, life happens though. I'm gonna take my LimbSaver with me when I do go shoot and see what it feels like with and without it. I'll post up afterwards.

Jayta98-The buttpad you have is our new Scorpion buttpad, it uses the same recoil material as the buttpad Sn3aKyGuY has and also the pistol grip uses. The difference is that your buttpad came from our new buttpad mold for this year, it has a different, more agressive pattern to fit our tactical stock.

cool thanks for the reply ATI! I also send you a PM on your site so disregard it. I might try a limbsaver one day.

Jayta98 said:
cool thanks for the reply ATI! I also send you a PM on your site so disregard it. I might try a limbsaver one day.

I am not sure how that rubber butt pad attaches to the stock but you might be able to get a limbsaver to fit it. I know limbsaver makes a pop on one that goes on any M4 stock basically. They also make cut/grind to fit.

Limbsaver makes at least 4 different slip on pads, pads for the AR and M4, lots of different butt pad replacements including grind to fit. you can check it out at their web site. They do not sell from the web site but you can get an idea of what they have to offer and where to purchase them.

nasa said:
Limbsaver makes at least 4 different slip on pads, pads for the AR and M4, lots of different butt pad replacements including grind to fit. you can check it out at their web site. They do not sell from the web site but you can get an idea of what they have to offer and where to purchase them.

Good advice

I think someone posted it up around here, but I believe the M4 LimbSaver doesn't fit the ATI stocks.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
I think someone posted it up around here, but I believe the M4 LimbSaver doesn't fit the ATI stocks.

May or may not I have no idea but I am sure one could be found that fits it by measuring or what not. Jata only thing I can recommend is buy you some reduced recoil loads.

The grind-to-fit come in 3 sizes all with 1 inch LOP.

1. Small 4-13/16 x 1-27/32 grind down to 3-7/8 x 1-11/32 part number 10541
2. Medium 5-3/32 x 1-13/16 grind down to 4-1/4 x 1-5/16 part number 10542
3 Large 5-9/16 x 2-1/16 x 2-1/16 grind down to 4-7/16 x 1-19/32 part number 10543

Slip on's come in 4 sizes from the smallest 4-1/2x1-1/2 stretching to 4-13/16 x 1-5/8 to the largest 5-1/8 x 1-3/4 stretching to 5/38 x 1-7/8.

The one for my Knoxx wasn't listed so they may have an exact fit somewhere.

So I guess the thing to do is for one of us to ask ati on here what the dimensions are on the stock and then compare the two.

I wonder if this would work and slide under the cheek piece. It is velcro hook and loop. You would think it would and then you could just tighten the cheek piece down on the ATI talon tactical stock. What say yall? Do yall think it will work? I think it is cheap enough for the price I might give it a shot.

It is the first choice on this page
http://awsin.com/products.asp?id=237

tnxdshooter said:
I wonder if this would work and slide under the cheek piece. It is velcro hook and loop. You would think it would and then you could just tighten the cheek piece down on the ATI talon tactical stock. What say yall? Do yall think it will work? I think it is cheap enough for the price I might give it a shot.

say what :?:

oli700 said:
tnxdshooter said:

say what :?:

Never mind. I dont want to take the time to explain.

oh ok, wouldnt want to put you out

Pretty pissed off. The new ati talon tacticals have the rubber butt pad screwed in with an allen wrench screw that none of my allen wrenches will fit.

Back