• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Muzzle?

I think muzzles on the Mossberg 590 look so nice. I'm not very familiar with them though. I've seen a couple pictures of people on this forum with some cool muzzles. How do you attach them? And what is the purpose? Does it give better accuracy or does it just reduce the muzzle flash? I am really thinking about putting one on my 590 special purpose

Maybe post up some pics with your muzzle attachment and the price? Thanks! :D

All firearms have a muzzle. A muzzle is simply the end of the barrel the bullet exits from. Maybe you can post a picture of what you are after?

Here's the factory brake/breaching tool/stand-off device on my 590...

This brake is integral to Mossberg's heavy walled breacher barrel. I've seen a few other types of Mossberg factory brakes like the ones on the "Roadblocker" models, but I don't have any personal experience with them.

Ahh that looks nice. Did you buy the gun like that or did you have to replace the barrel? I was looking for muzzle breaks to attach to my stock barrel but i'm assuming i can't do that because the magazine tube is too long

I'm running the original factory barrel. I'm not planning on running around breaching doors anytime soon so I didn't really need the breacher barrel, but it wasn't a deal breaker.

Just curious, what are you trying to accomplish by adding a brake? Are you looking for a decrease in muzzle rise/recoil? I only ask, because there are other options without having to add weight to the front of your weapon. Barrel porting like the VCS (Vang Comp Systems) is a highly effective way to reduce muzzle rize and recoil. You can fing more info on VCS in our vendor section. There are several members here who have had their barrels VCS ported.

There are thread-on or even clamp-on brakes out there, but adding weight and length to your barrel to reduce recoil seems a bit excessive when there are other options. Proper shooting stance, including squaring up behind the gun and leaning into your shot, will accomplish this without any modification to your weapon. Adding a recoil pad to your stock will also significantly help reduce recoil.

On the other hand, if you're simply looking to add a brake 'cause they look cool to you then go for it. It's your baby...

Hi!

As LES mentioned, there are a few different ways to accomplish porting or braking. A brake is designed to help manage recoil and its affects. What are the ways to do this? It depends on what you want to accomplish...

If you want the look of the brake;
You can purchase a factory barrel,
purchase a clamp on device, or
you can have your barrel threaded for accu-choke (which is a specific thread cut to the inside of your barrels muzzle) You can get a brake that does or does not look like a breaching stand off device.

Either of those accomplish not only the functional aspect of a brake, but also provide that look. There is a cost asssociated with each, but the clamp on device is like the least expensive. Kings Armory makes them for sure, though I couldnt say if they make them for the 590A1's heavy wall barrel.

Porting, like what Vang Comp and Aimpro, are also effective at helping to control muzzle climb. I have the VCS porting on my 590A1 and am very satisfied with it and in fact have video posted here in the Product Review section so you can clearly see full powered loads being fired and their affects and how well behaved the gun is! ;)

Back