• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Accessories

The Mossberg comes with the plastic spacer to keep it from moving as well.
The Mossberg HS is excellent but only fits the standard barrel not the heavy wall barrel….or am I confused ?

Finally got a chance to snap some pics of the new Aimpro Fiber Optic GRS front blade I installed on my 590a1...

This thing is awesome! It lights up like a laser in the sun and is incredibly bright even in low light. Aimpro did their homework on the fit making installation a breeze. Haven't had a chance to geet out to the range with it yet, but I'm sure looking forward to it. I'll follow-up with a range report when I get a chance...

Looks good buddy...should really help with quick aquisition of the target !!

I like it over the factory blade because it gives me a specific point of aim rather than one tall orange blade. When shooting at distance, the factory blade was taller than my target and made lining up consistent POA a bit difficult at times.

Re: Tritium replacement for 3 Dot sights?

Hi,

Try this:

http://www.mountsplus.com/mm5/merchant. ... CCESSORIES

P.S. For those of you with the 3-dot sight, is it adjustable? I see the front blade is drift adjustable for windage, but can you make any elevation adjustments to the rear?

I'm used to an 870 with rifle sights that are adjustable so I can sight in for a given type of slug at a given distance.

Best

plnkr1234 said:
Hi,

Try this:

http://www.mountsplus.com/mm5/merchant. ... CCESSORIES

P.S. For those of you with the 3-dot sight, is it adjustable? I see the front blade is drift adjustable for windage, but can you make any elevation adjustments to the rear?

I'm used to an 870 with rifle sights that are adjustable so I can sight in for a given type of slug at a given distance.

Best

Wow, I just got back from vacation and man I can tell you this is like getting another Christmas gift. Thanks Plnkr.

BTW, you are correct, the front sight is adjustable for windage but the rear sight has no adjustment at all.

Thanks again, I'm putting in my order for the night sights today.

A note for anyone interested, at the link listed above "Mounting Solutions Plus" the set cost $85.00 but if you buy directly from AmeriGlo the set cost just $69.00 + shipping and the front sight alone is $42.00 + shipping. I just ordered the set from AmreiGlo.

Not a bad price at all on a tritium set!

MarinecoatMarine said:
Rossignol said:
x2 on the AIMPRO heatshield. I prefer it to the Mossberg heatshield.

......what are the drawbacks to the Mossberg heatshield ?

yEah, about that mossy brand heat shield on the A1. I ended up with one for the 18"barrel, it definitely took some Modding with my dremel. The one I ended up with was either for a 20" or there is only one size & its just not compatible with the 18" w/out a little Mac Guyver Modding. The forward most screw hole & half of the second one the foward clamping flange land directly on the barrel lug of the 18" Mossy A1. The front flanve had to be ground back to the first hole for it to be able to wrap & land correctly behind the lug. Still at that point the first whole furthest from the muzzle wouldnt accept the screw because it was landing half on the lug. That whole had to be enlarged/movex back a little & the screw hax to be bent along with dremeled. If you use the right sized bolt on the screw you can hide the enlarged hole from showing under the bolt. I didn't see the thickness factor of the barrel as the biggest obstacle. All it took was a little grinding (1/8"- 1/4") off the reciever end tabs & a little downward pressure/protected hammer wacks on the muzzle end of the heat shield and it will slide right over the barrel (instead of sliding down the barrel leavimg more room for scratching). You can see pics of what I'm talking about & and how it was modded in my previous posts in this thread. If I had to do it again I wouldn't, I would spend the extra dough and to get the aimpro. The only reason I didn't by the aimpro was because the heat shield I got was on a store credit where I had already returned two shipped products to the shop. Besides the modding it went pretty smooth. lol

Anyone here has this CAA for-end on a 590A1? Here is a link to the item:

http://www.caatactical.com/viewProduct. ... 42&catID=2

Just not sure if there will be more slop than the stock which has very little play..

EDIT UPDATE: Decided I really like the stock foregrip that is on the 590 A1 SPX :), absolutely minimal slop, so, I settled on acquiring a Laserlyte tri-rail tube mount instead.

Got the Tritium sights installed. I thought the rear was just screwed into a threaded hole in the barrel but it mounts to a key that fits into a dovetail slot on the barrel. I wonder if any other type of rear sight would fit into this dovetail slot?

Attachments

• 205.JPG
    205.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,692
  • 302.JPG
    302.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 1,692
  • 301.JPG
    301.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 1,693
Back