• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Barrels

jeffy56 said:
While I haven't run slugs through it yet, shot patterning from the cylinder bore spreads pretty fast. At 50 yds or less, no problem.

Where can I acquire a heat shield like that?

You'd have to contact Mossberg.

The 930 Tactical heat shields are spot welded on at the factory...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

Well that's a bummer! I foresee some modification in the works then.... hehehe :D

Re: Barrel change

I've seen:

Standard 18.5" with bead
SPX 18.5" with LPA ghost ring sight
Breecher end 18.5"
Roadblocker 18.5"

awiner said:
I've seen:

Standard 18.5" with bead
Breecher end 18.5"
Roadblocker 18.5"

Is the standard also known as home defense too? And has anyone made any type of modifications to the Roadblocker barrel? Or should I say any other muzzle device once that big a$$ brake is removed?

mrblaq2u said:
awiner said:
I've seen:

Standard 18.5" with bead
Breecher end 18.5"
Roadblocker 18.5"

Is the standard also known as home defense too? And has anyone made any type of modifications to the Roadblocker barrel? Or should I say any other muzzle device once that big a$$ brake is removed?

Yes, the HD barrel is generally also the standard model I referred to.

Does anybody have any information on what can be done to modify the Roadblocker barrel? (remove muzzle break or shoot without it...)

The roadblocker muzzle brake is permanently fixed.

Because the length of the brake contributes to the barrel's overall minimum legal length of 18.5", having it removed without an approved ATF Form 1 and a paid $200 tax stamp would constitute the manufacture of an unregistered SBS (short barreled shotgun) and earn you a felony possession charge. For about $150 you can choose from a variety of 18.5" factory barrel configurations and switch back and forth as you please...

mrblaq2u said:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

Well that's a bummer! I foresee some modification in the works then.... hehehe :D
try a 500 heatshield. it might fit since the all barrels should all have the same diameter plus they look the same except for how its mounted. :idea:

Heat Shield

Finding one or even making one might be easier than attaching it so it wouldn't come off. If you tried the spot weld trick, I would bet the barrel wouldn't be happy, i.e. out of round in the area, negated heat treat in the area, induced barrel curvature. Maybe fastening to the fore stock, if it could allow for normal take down. Seems like a lot of trouble when it appears you could just order the factory shielded barrel.

Have you had any luck tracking down the barrels you're looking for?

If not, you can always call Mossberg Sales and order directly from them...

(800) 363-3555

Take a look through the available 930 models and when you find a factory configuration that has the barrel you want, write down the model number to reference if you call in to Mossberg. It'll save you some time and aggrivation trying to explain which barrel you're looking for...

Re: 930 barrels

tgw said:
My 28 inch barrel is ribbed and ported and came drilled for chokes. Used it once when I first got the combo. Then got my 18.5 inch drilled and tapped for chokes and have not used the 28 inch since. It is sitting in the back of the safe. I shoot clays with my 590A1 and 930 and prefer the shorter barrel with the micro reflex red dot sights I have installed.

Who drilled it? How much?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Have you had any luck tracking down the barrels you're looking for?

If not, you can always call Mossberg Sales and order directly from them...

(800) 363-3555

Take a look through the available 930 models and when you find a factory configuration that has the barrel you want, write down the model number to reference if you call in to Mossberg. It'll save you some time and aggrivation trying to explain which barrel you're looking for...
do you think mossberg really has any barrels in stock? all I'm seeing is oos on all websites including mossberg... and I've run through quite a few pages now...

I'm looking for the rifled slug barrel, either 93010, 93028 or 93030.... don't care if it has the integrated rail or not cause its going on my spx which already has a removable one...

I really hate the current state of this market.

It's been a while since I've called them for anything, but if anyone has barrels it'd be them...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
It's been a while since I've called them for anything, but if anyone has barrels it'd be them...
turns out you are correct.... But they don't overstock any of their barrels, they are all made to order. They quoted me $150 +$10 for shipping for model #93010... from what other guys have stated, it seems like $150 is the going rate for any 930 series barrels from mossberg.

They told me turn around time is 5-8 weeks.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

I may have missed it in this thread but is there an optional sight for a 24" turkey barrel or should I just look to another barrel configuration all together?

Back