• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Photo Gallery

My New 930

After much reading here I went ahead and selected the 930 for my next purchase.
100_4005.JPG

Was originally intending to get the SPX but after handling several models selected the 24" Turkey model.
Need to pick up different chokes, I have some federal mutipurpose 1200 fps on hand. Not sure which ammo goes with which chokes. Do not hunt, love to shoot clays, and targets whenever I can.

Have field stripped and clean twice, raining now and also late will shoot tommorrow.
100_4006.JPG

Thanks to all for great info from this forum

Re: My New 930

Congratulations on your new Mossberg 930 turkey! Feel free to post up any and all questions that you may have.

Congrats on the new 930 !!

We are looking forward to your range report... :cool:

I was not sure about the xx turkey choke, actually could not tell if the ammo I have is appropriate for that choke selection. I was in such a hurry at time of purchase I assumed I would have something to throw down it somewhere around the house. Seems to be ammo everywhere when i am not looking for it. I know absolutely nothing about chokes. My other shotgun is 18.5 smooth bore (no choke).

I need a quick education on choke and ammo selection, I have been reading about chokes since I got this thing ready to shoot. Need just one general purpose choke to get this gun running and broke in.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=475 has some information about the options available but my personal chokes of choice would be the Trulock chokes. Let us know what you plan to use your shotgun for and we can help select what chokes would be best.

DHonovich said:
Let us know what you plan to use your shotgun for and we can help select what chokes would be best.

kbrookshire said:
Do not hunt, love to shoot clays, and targets whenever I can.

kbrookshire said:
I was not sure about the xx turkey choke, actually could not tell if the ammo I have is appropriate for that choke selection. I was in such a hurry at time of purchase I assumed I would have something to throw down it somewhere around the house. Seems to be ammo everywhere when i am not looking for it. I know absolutely nothing about chokes. My other shotgun is 18.5 smooth bore (no choke).

I need a quick education on choke and ammo selection, I have been reading about chokes since I got this thing ready to shoot. Need just one general purpose choke to get this gun running and broke in.

The choke that I have on my 835 is this one here......
"Designed by a two-time winner of the NWTF World Still Target Championship, this choke tube features technical porting and a unique design containing straight internal grooves for improved patterning. Offers optimum constriction for tight, dense patterns. Precision machined. Wrench-free installation. Accepts all turkey loads including Hevi-Shot. Endorsed by the NWTF. 12 gauge only."

here the info and where i purchased it....

12 GA TG151X (.670)

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Truglo-S ... l+Products

Tw2ial.jpg

It works!!

100_4014.JPG

100_4013.JPG

I had to settle on choke selection, my store was closed. Struck out several other places before picking up a mossberg choke stamped "mod".
Ran about 3.5 boxes, had 2 stovepipes on last two mags.

Felt good gun way more accurate than the shooter (as usual).
Recoil felt about the same as 590, might need to handle both at same time to notice any real difference.

Re: My Mossberg 930 SPX

jummybui said:

If you are running sabot rounds through a factory smooth barrel, you will ruin the barrel down the road. Just in case you didn't know.

Combatvet said:
If you are running sabot rounds through a factory smooth barrel, you will ruin the barrel down the road. Just in case you didn't know.

How so ?

cbshooter said:
Hi Jummybui, very nice. What brackets are you using for the light? Are they 2 different ones or is it one piece? This is what I want for my SPX but I wanted to know what everyone else has and how they like it before I got mine. thanks

Its a Tri-Rail Mount Laserlyte. It is one piece. That was my Old Setup. I am now running a Nordic Barrel Clamps with a Picatinny rail.

Combatvet wrote:

I have not shot any of the sabots rounds through the gun yet. but how would it ruin the barrel?

The way I look at firing sabots through a smoothbore, while it can be done, its in-effective and not using the ammo to its potential, a somewhat expensive potential.

Sabots are rather accurate and dont have the bullet drop of a rifled slug, they have a much flatter trajectory, when fired through a rifled barrel. The bullet of the sabot isnt stabalized in the smoothbore, so again its expensive and in accurate at best.

If I'm repeating stuff you already know, I apologize for being redundant! ;)

SPX custom paint

Black is an awesome color for a shotgun but it can sometimes be problem to pick out your gun in this situation. My gun is next to the black one...

IMG_1998.jpg

So to have a little fun and individuality I get most of my firearms custom coated.

Training class soon after buying the SPX so it was still stock looking.

IMG_2013.jpg

I went with a cerakote desert sand with black skulls peeking thur the tears in the gun.

IMG_2022.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

Back