• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Bullpup range report, Of sort, Now! with Build up

I decided it would be a great day to head out to the West Desert to try my new Mossberg 500 Bullpup.
I brought along 3 types of Shot gun rounds, First was some PMC 2.75" Max #8 steel shot, It seemed to shoot this very well, Same with the Remington Sport Load 2.75" with 1.15oz of #7.5 shot, Both worked as they should, I may have been a little too far at 25 paces for a good grouping, But it could be the barrel as well, On a 100yd target the shot would cover the entire paper.
At 25 paces, PMC, Covers the entire paper.
6950686723_a19f09d5f4_b.jpg

6950751359_3e03436f00_b.jpg

At 25 paces, Remington, Does about the same.
6804576340_e49fd77109_b.jpg

14 paces with Remington Makes a hole of sorts.

The Bullpup is heavy, So I think it helped out with the normal rounds, Making them very easy to shoot, The sights leave something to be desired, With a block front sight and a U shaped rear sight, The front sight blocks most things you are aiming at, I may lower the rear sight a tiny bit to give it a 6 O'Clock hold on the target.

After I went through 25 rounds of each of the 2.75" rounds, I moved on to the Rio 3" Magnums, I'm not a fan...

25 paces with 3" Magnums

I mean they did their job, But I think they have just a little too much kick for my liking, Maybe down the road when I get a little more time with them, But as of now, I will stick with the regular rounds.

Someone was nice enough to leave 3 bowling pins out there, So I tried my hand at shooting them instead of paper, They seem to be a little more active than paper.

Found some Bowling pins that I shot with the Remington rounds.

6950488675_b24d121c25_b.jpg

I like the Bullpup, However I do not like the grip safety, I understand why they have it, But you need to grip it just right BEFORE you attempt to pull the trigger,

Wonky Safety

Last few rounds of Mag's

Its was a great day, My shoulder still aches from shooting.

Re: Mossberg Bullpup range report, Of sort.

Great range report Vit, awesome videos too!

Thanks guy's
It was a good couple of hours.
I have got to figure out something with that grip safety, Its freshly lubed with grease, So it should slide easier, My hand grips the safety a little too high.
In the "Wonky" video, You can see me flinching just waiting to feel the Magnums again... Something I need to work on, But that will come with practice, That or just not buy any more...

***UPDATE***

Warning, Bull Pup purists beware

I never really cared for the front grip on this thing, I saw on a youtube video a guy added a AFG2 to his Bull Pup, So I figured I would give it a shot!

IMG_5185.jpg

IMG_5186.jpg

I used a magpul rail, I needed to drill the slide, One hole was where the slide tube nut is, Which was a real PITA! but I got it on.
You can also see I have a set of MBUS's, I will soon be purchasing a Aim Sports full length rail.

I forgot my MBUS sights at work today, So I don't have any pic's with them yet, I hope its not too tacticool...

IMG_5189.jpg

I may have a bit more work to do on it, My wife was kind enough to notch the rear part of the rail on her engraver, I think I may have her cut out a little more.

Here is a little bit of the work involved.
The barrel has a dovetail where a sight could be bolted down, I found a decent nut/screw combo that seems to work well, Nice fine threads.

0605021355.jpg

0605021355a.jpg

I drilled and counter sunk a hole for the screw.

0605021355b.jpg

Voilà!

0605021357.jpg

I will see what the day brings tomorrow and cutting more out of the rear section, I only removed 1.5mm, I may go another 1/2-1 mm, Oh and I will see about getting the sights installed.
Of course there was liberal use of Lock tight.

A little more cutting this morning to fit the rail better.

0606020730.jpg

Ta-da!!!

0606020842.jpg

Re: Mossberg Bullpup range report, Of sort, Now! with Build

VERY nice work Vit!

Great idea and execution Sir...

Thank you, The only place where I have changed from the original, Was two new holes for the AFG and a small cut out where the rail for the AFG went through, So it should be fairly easy to revert back to how it once was.

Damn Vit, that think is a BEAST!!!

Have you noticed improved accuracy with the rail and BUIS?

Not yet, it's been a safe queen... :(
Like many firearms now, No time and ammo is outrageous, Well except for 12ga. Shot

I hear ya on that one.

I haven't been shoot'n much either lately...

Back