• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Store

i apologize if this post is in the wrong category. I couldn't find that the topic had been discussed before, and it may not even be relevant, but I wondered if any others had this issue. I placed an order from the Mossberg online store on May 30. I checked on it every day since, and the status said "Being Processed". Finally, today (over a week later), I called them to see what was going on, and was told that the order was "on queue," and was asked if I wanted to go ahead and place the order via phone, so it could be shipped out today - which I did. Has anyone else had this experience? Normally, I expect an online order to be processed the next business day or two, not sit in a queue for a week or better. And to those of you who order from them, if you want your order processed in a timely fashion, it seems like a better option to just call, rather than using the online order process.

I ordered a long sleeve shirt over 2 years ago....still waiting for it. Even one of reps said it had been shipped out. I gave up on it after a few months of hassling back n forth with em..called my bank and they refunded my payment.

Follow up - when I talked to the Mossberg Store last Monday, they told me that the part (synthetic black stock for a Mossberg 500 shotgun) would ship and be delivered via FedEx by the end of this week. Yesterday (Friday) afternoon, hadn't heard anything, so I called the store to see if they could track the shipment. They said it was out for delivery, and should be here by 5 pm. 5 pm comes, and nothing, so I call back and ask for the FedEx tracking number, which they gave me. 6 pm, still said out for delivery, so I set up an e-mail alert from FedEx. Around 6:30, I get an e-mail saying that the shipment was delayed due to an invalid address, so I called FedEx to see what the issue was. Mossberg had transposed two digits on the house number ("321" instead of "231"). FedEx said they would deliver it on Saturday. Now, I know I read the address to them correctly, and they read it back to me correctly. And for a double check, they could have looked at the online order before canceling it.

I know, everyone makes mistakes (including myself), but this has been a nightmare for me. It doesn't give me a lot of confidence in ordering anything from the Mossberg Store in the future. Next time, I will just drive to the big city, where stores may stock such items.

General consensus I get from this forum is that it is better to order by phone from Mossberg, not that I have so I couldn't comment any further. When I've needed misc. small Mossberg parts (such as bead sights), I've ordered them from Midway, usually along with other items...

Ruger has a fairly decent online ordering system and I've ordered parts that way, but some parts were not available online (10-22 bolt? I think) and I had to order by phone...

Normally, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal. I had surprised my son-in-law with the 500 JIC Patriot that he had been eyeing in Academy a few weeks earlier. He wanted to take it to the range to play with it, but the range does not permit pistol-grip shotguns. I was getting him a regular stock to change it out for the range. It's kind of like a kid getting his first bike on Christmas Eve, and there is snow everywhere, so you couldn't ride it right away (happened to me, I remember...lol).

Your range does not allow pistol grip shotguns? On the regular range or the trap/sporting clays ranges?

Regular (indoor) range. They allow shotguns, but not pistol grip shotguns.

There are a couple of trap/sporting clay ranges in our area, but I couldn't imagine trying to shoot sporting clays with a pistol grip. If they had a general target area where you could just sight in your gun, that would be nice, but the ones in this area do not appear to have that.

I agree that a pistol grip shotgun is definitely inappropriate for shooting clay, I am just trying to understand why they would not allow a pistol grip shotgun on their range.

The range I used to frequent had the same rule, no pistol grip only shotguns.

Could only shoot slugs, no shot of any kind. Couldn't understand why until I saw numerous people out there shooting slugs with a full stock blow the $#!+ out of their target stands, the gravel around them, and even the overhang above the shooting benches. Give those people a PGO shotgun and they might end up shooting themselves or somebody around them. I wouldn't trust half the people I ended up next to out there with a water gun...

My indoor range allows slugs, birdshot, basically anything under 3600 feet per second. It's pretty nice to have a safe place to shoot, and they are very accommodating.

My indoor range of choice ( 25 yards ...$20 shoot all day long ) allows both 00 Buck and Slugs...but not Birdshot.

Never did get a good answer as to why...

It's likely that the owners and management of these places haven't spent much, if any, time behind a shotgun. Truth is most people think a shotgun magically, instantly produces a spread the size of a barn door.

The shotgun is one of the most misunderstood and underutilized personal defense weapons out there, capable of surprising accuracy and precision even with most types of shot. With a solid understanding of it's capabilities, limitations, and the behavior of your ammo selection, a simple home defense shotgun can be utilized with devastating accuracy on even small targets.

Sadly, a large percentage of shotgun owners treat them like fire extinguishers. They simply buy them, shoot them a couple times at the range for a basic function check, then prop them up in a closet or under a bed in case of an emergency...

Back