• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Muck Boots held a fund raiser for HSUS!?!?!?!

Roger that.

I was raised the same way. We always had dogs, horses, and a barn cat at times. All were treated well but none were treated as blood kin...

That's right.

We raised a lot of animals for food. My Grandmother always had some laying hens and roosters, I've slaughtered hogs and cattle, etc.

It was nothing personal, just how things were. But none were treated badly. Matter of fact, we went through great pains to make them comfortable and were very well taken care of.

I can even remember that I wasn't allowed to name them anything and if I did call them anything besides hog or heifer or whatever, it had to be named after a plate of food just to keep it in perspective for a young child.

The last hog that I remember slaughtering with my Dad and Uncle was called bacon. The last of my Grandmothers roosters that I remember snapping its' neck and throwing in the hot boiling tub of water in the backyard to get all of the feathers off was called dumplin'.

Funny the things you remember from your childhood, but if you've ever thrown a chicken in a tub of boiling water to remove all of the little fine feathers after you've pulled as many off as you can is a smell that you will take with you all your life. Whew, it really reeked.

But such was life. It wasn't cruel, it wasn't disturbing or traumatic. But we didn't run to the grocery store to the meat department because supper needed to get started. Chicken nuggets don't come from a little square box and hamburger doesn't start out as little long ribbon strands of meat wrapped in cellophane.

I am so grateful for my humble upbringing.

guess im not making the connection here. but dont humane societies try to rehome lost animals? from a hunting and farming background i see no evil in that. granted i dont own a pair of their boots, they seem kinna pricey to me when i can find LaCrosse or similar on sale at the local farm store. i know some people swear by them though.

HSUS spends $0 on shelters and animal placement. All the money that they raise by deceptive practices goes toward lobbying and the goal of ending ALL hunting and animal ownership. They should be listed as an domestic terrorist organization.

Back