• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My home defense

Thread started as Awastatyme's HD option and has now officially been hijacked by open carry discussion...

Didn’t think it was a big deal since the OP was participating but I erased my post for you

Nah...looks like it was hijacked by fish stories now... ;)

Was just pounting it out. No big deal at all, certainly no need to delete any posts. I think thread-jacking is becoming a sport here on MO, kinda part of the culture and I'm as guilty as anyone. Carry on fellas...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Was just pounting it out. No big deal at all, certainly no need to delete any posts. I think thread-jacking is becoming a sport here on MO, kinda part of the culture and I'm as guilty as anyone. Carry on fellas...

Actually, you were the first to post something unrelated to the discussion (thread jacking theory). So you pointed out how easy it was for a thread to be hi-jacked by hi-jackin it. :D

inline300 said:
Actually, you were the first to post something unrelated to the discussion (thread jacking theory). So you pointed out how easy it was for a thread to be hi-jacked by hi-jackin it. :D

Man he told you! .......oh wait, that was me....... :lol:

Post on fellas, I'll get outta your way!

oli700 said:
Cool gun, a friends brother in law found one in the woods last hunting season. They say the short barrel castrates the 410's power......what do you think?

I say that is a lie and holds a pattern as tight if not tighter than the 6 model.

well I don’t think that length of the barrel has much effect on pattern I was referring to feed back I have heard that any pistol size barrel doesn’t have enough length to allow for the 410 to reach full FPS ....not enough time in the barrel with the charge pushing on it. ….and actually in my mind your statement about the shorter barrel being tighter holds water, here is why. The pattern of the shorter barrel might be tighter just due to lower velocity. The “wind speed” on the wad is less for lower velocity shells therefore the wad opens later and might not open as much as a full power shell, giving a tighter pattern

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Makes sense to me...
thats just in my mind ... :?....Kind of accounts for why lower recoil (velocity) ammo patterns better. I have been seeing this in my testing of hand loads too.

oli700 said:
well I don’t think that length of the barrel has much effect on pattern I was referring to feed back I have heard that any pistol size barrel doesn’t have enough length to allow for the 410 to reach full FPS ....not enough time in the barrel with the charge pushing on it. ….and actually in my mind your statement about the shorter barrel being tighter holds water, here is why. The pattern of the shorter barrel might be tighter just due to lower velocity. The “wind speed” on the wad is less for lower velocity shells therefore the wad opens later and might not open as much as a full power shell, giving a tighter pattern

True,

I just know from personal experience cuz my dad has the 2" public defender with bobbed hammer. We shot a 6 inch before he decided on the 2" and there was no difference. Dad loads his with the PDX1 .410 and the PDX1 45 colt 225 grain.

Back