• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My new/used 930 SPX

I recently purchased a 930 SPX from a local gun shop. Which already had a Scorpion adjustable stock installed. Wolf spring and follower. Paid $500 for it. Came with all original packing and paper work. I know the guy's at the shop so I took his word for it that this gun works fine. It was sold to a fella a few months ago. The fella got into a bind needing money. Said it only had been fired once, and had 20 rounds through. It was quite dirty! I mentioned it the the shop owner, so he handed me 40 rounds of ammo for the time I was going to spend cleaning it. So I bought it, brought it home, cleaned it and it sparkled like new. Yesterday I put 40 rounds through it. Then kids wanted to shoot it, putting another 120 rounds through it! Not one hiccup. Flawless. We fired oo buck, slugs, and heavy game load from various manufacturers. Definitely my goto HD gun now. Now I'm ready to add accessories.

That is a crazy-good deal! Congrats on the badass shotty, man! :)

I paid $500 for a new (unfired) bone-stock 930 SPX, not a PG either. I thought I was lucky to get that deal, but with some keen shopping a good deals, I have been able to add some decent mods and keep the cost down :p

I recently purchased a 930 SPX from a local gun shop. Which already had a Scorpion adjustable stock installed. Wolf spring and follower. Paid $500 for it. Came with all original packing and paper work. I know the guy's at the shop so I took his word for it that this gun works fine. It was sold to a fella a few months ago. The fella got into a bind needing money. Said it only had been fired once, and had 20 rounds through. It was quite dirty! I mentioned it the the shop owner, so he handed me 40 rounds of ammo for the time I was going to spend cleaning it. So I bought it, brought it home, cleaned it and it sparkled like new. Yesterday I put 40 rounds through it. Then kids wanted to shoot it, putting another 120 rounds through it! Not one hiccup. Flawless. We fired oo buck, slugs, and heavy game load from various manufacturers. Definitely my goto HD gun now. Now I'm ready to add accessories.

Wowser. Have you had a chance to shoot this? What do you think about the stock?

Good deal. Nice looking 930!!

Back