• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My Recent Build - AR-15

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I've done a few as well using everything from crayons, paint pens, model paint on toothpicks, to fingernail polish. I'll be doing another this evening on my wife's AR lower. This'll be the first one I've ever done in pink...

I thought about using a Crayon too but I don't know how long it will last. But I have used Whiteout Pen and Model paint w/ a toothpick. but for this build I used Gloss white and Gloss Red Model paint.

I'm pretty sure the wife would like it.

I thought about using different colors like a bright green or something else to be different but was afraid of the results so i decided to stick with the colors I know that would look good.

I color treated the logo on my Bushmaster in red crayon about four years and I don't know how many thousands of rounds ago. Still looks great. AR lower receivers shouldn't get hot enough under normal use to cause any melting. The only issue I've had using crayons was the slide detail on my XD40sc. Handgun slides just get way too hot and melt the wax off.

You mentioned other colors. Here's my last color-fill job on my ST midlength. The spider's done in olive crayon to match the furniture and the bullet pictograms are painted...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
You mentioned other colors. Here's my last color-fill job on my ST midlength. The spider's done in olive crayon to match the furniture and the bullet pictograms are painted...

Looks very nice with that color. I might have to try out a different one next build.

Thank you Sir, I think it turned out nice.

Here's one I just did night before last using 'flashy fuschia' nail polish. This one's for the wife's current AR build...

I'd never use the ST Punisher lower on one of my AR builds, but I couldn't pass up the comedy of having a pink Punisher logo on a rifle with a .22lr dedicated upper.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Thank you Sir, I think it turned out nice.

Here's one I just did night before last using 'flashy fuschia' nail polish. This one's for the wife's current AR build...

I'd never use the ST Punisher lower on one of my AR builds, but I couldn't pass up the comedy of having a pink Punisher logo on a rifle with a .22lr dedicated upper.

Looks good. what was the deciding factor of doing a build for a dedicated .22LR and not going with a pre-made .22LR. like the Mossberg 702

Link: http://www.slickguns.com/product/mossbe ... 25rd-22999

...'cause I like to build stuff...

My wife watched me build my Pop's AR and saw both how much I enjoyed the project and how happy he was to receive a rifle that I built for him. She asked me to build he one, so here we are. I bought the lower before she decided on the caliber. She ultimately decided on .22lr because I already have a couple in 5.56 that she can shoot whenever she wants. She's a smart lady, I definitely married up...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
...'cause I like to build stuff...

My wife watched me build my Pop's AR and saw both how much I enjoyed the project and how happy he was to receive a rifle that I built for him. She asked me to build he one, so here we are. I bought the lower before she decided on the caliber. She ultimately decided on .22lr because I already have a couple in 5.56 that she can shoot whenever she wants. She's a smart lady, I definitely married up...

I see. Good enough answer for me. and then again if she wanted it to be a 5.56 all you have to do is get an upper for it

I sure didn't the first time

:lol:

But it didnt' take me long to figure that out.

I'm sure glad that part of my life is behind me. I am never looking back on that.

I'd probably turn to salt if I did.

Back