• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

*NEW* Federal Premium Guard Dog

Sn3aKyGuY

.30-06
Was watching 3 Gun Nation this morning on Versus and saw a commercial for these:

FP_GuardDog_box.jpg
FP_GuardDog_bullets.jpg

Protect your home and loved ones with a cartridge designed exclusively for home defense. Guard Dog™ packs the terminal performance that stops threats while reducing over-penetration through walls. Guard Dog is the new benchmark for defending home and family.

Old dog...new trick !!...marketing is a wonderful and misleading thing. They put a nickel washed case together with some blue plastic in the hollowpoint and viola...a new gimmick round.

I'm looking forward to the report on how they do in the real world...

(...not to take anything away from your posting this, of course...thanks Sn3aKyGuy !! )

I posted to get some input so thanks Shooter. I figured it was something like that, but you never know. Every now and then someone does have an original idea, it's just pretty rare these days.

I hear ya... The name "Guard Dog" is the best part of the whole marketing spin...and will sell millions just for that reason...gotta hand it to them.

I'll pick up a box in .45acp... just to add them to my collection... ;)

=================================================

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1274

=================================================

I saw something about these the first time right after SHOT show this year and hadnt seen anything since. I'm interested in these and wanna try them out! Should get a couple boxes (= $$$!!!) and see how they feed through the 1911!

If you're feeling really froggy, feel free to make a 4'x4' box out of 2"x4"s and then put drywall on each side, set a watermelon in front of it and see if it penetrates the wall. If you do, be sure to film it! If I had the land to go do it I would, but my family's farm is almost an hour a way so I don't get to go down there very often.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
If you're feeling really froggy, feel free to make a 4'x4' box out of 2"x4"s and then put drywall on each side, set a watermelon in front of it and see if it penetrates the wall. If you do, be sure to film it! If I had the land to go do it I would, but my family's farm is almost an hour a way so I don't get to go down there very often.

If I can find these, I'll do it for sure!

Back