• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

boon

Copper BB
Hi

I found your site when researching mossberg guns.

I recently purchased an old H6xxxxx series 500 ATP which is probrably ex police from here in the UK.

It has a few scratches and I was looking for a diy firearms coating that doesent require heat due to the gun having a UK mod which limits it to 3 shot.......I dont want to remove the mag tube which has been soldered/locktited in place by UK proof house ,and I dont want to bake the gun with the shell follower in the tube :?

I'm still looking ......... duracoat dont seem to export its products out here........

anyone used ' Klass Kote' 2 part epoxy that comes in mil colours........its used mostly for mil models?

Welcome to Mossberg Owners!

We're glad you found us. You might contact the folks at Aimpro for advice on re-finishing your Mossy, http://www.aimprotactical.com . They do a lot of coating/refinishing and may be able to help you out. Otherwise, I'm sure some of our members will have a lot more experience than I do. In the meanitime, check out the various subforums. I'm sure you'll find something of interest. Also, post up some pics of your Mossy when you get a chance. We'd love to see it...

Enjoy the site!

Hey Boon!

Interesting mods on guns over seas... On the refinishing, "duracoat" type products dont require baking but do require that the gun be very thoroughly clean. It too is a 2 part paint.

I think gun kote is another? Dont know for sure.

Back