• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New shooter sa-20 questions

FredL

Copper BB
Hi-

I'm new to shooting, as well as this forum. I just got an sa-20. My son has a 510 mini.

1). Can we shoot slugs with these guns? What do we do with the chokes if we're shooting slugs?
2) is it possible to switch barrels on the sa-20 (20 inch for 28 inch)?

Thanks for your help.

Fred

Almost 300 views since April and no replies. Yikes, not a very useful forum.

Yes, you can shoot slugs with the improved cylinder choke.

Any SA-20 barrel will fit the SA-20. The barrels for the two guns are not interchangeable.

Edit: corrected typo in response about slugs.

looks like this one got overlooked. im sure some one will step up and be able to answer your questions.

Brudd said:
Almost 300 views since April and no replies. Yikes, not a very useful forum.

Yes, not can shoot slugs with the improved cylinder choke.

Any SA-20 barrel will fit the SA-20. The barrels for the two guns are not interchangeable.

excuse me,,,,,this might have been overlooked. as far as "not a very useful forum" i beg to differ.
ive benn here a short time and have found MO forum most helpful and friendly. so if you really feel its "not a very useful forum" bye.
just my opinion

Sorry to get you all bunched up but to be honest when a post gets that many views and there are no replies that can not be considered a success for an online community. It was about halfway down the page which also means there were very few new threads posted since April. That too is not a sign of a successful forum. Not trying to hurt feeling, just staying the obvious.

Gentlemen,

We are a collective of Mossberg owners, not paid tech support reps. We rely on the knowledge base of our membership and answer every question we can in as timely a manner as possible. Unfortunately, our group seems to be lacking in members having first hand experience with the SA-20. Until we have more SA-20 owners join up and begin to contribute, this particular section may continue to be a little slow and under served.

Brudd,

We appreciate you taking the time to answer this member's question and look forward to your continued contribution to our SA-20 section.

I have shot slugs out of my SA-20 and they have been surprisingly accurate. Checkout my review above inwhich I posted a short YouTube video. This is a really good shotgun at an affordable price.

mag318 said:
I have shot slugs out of my SA-20 and they have been surprisingly accurate. Checkout my review above inwhich I posted a short YouTube video. This is a really good shotgun at an affordable price.

Above where?

ripjack13 said:
mag318 said:

Above where?

I concur, above where?

Thanks for getting back to me. I just figured that my questions weren't of particular interest ... No problem.

NOW, i have another request. Any good videos on field stripping the SA-20?

Thanks again for the help.

Fred

I watched video on youtube. I believe it was a 500 he was breaking down and cleaning, but it's very similar to what you are looking for.

That did it! I finally got the bolt out. It just needed a little extra effort. I was afraid that I'd break it.

Thanks again!

Free

Back