• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Sling, Tri-Rail & Light

Which type of shells do you like for Home Defense?

• Less Lethal Bean Bags or Rubber Loads

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Defender

Got a few new upgrades for my 500 Persuader so I thought I would share :cool:

1. Butler Creek Sling
2. LaserLyte Tri-Rail
3. Nebo Tools Protec Elite 190 LED Light w/ Strobe

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

you didn't have my choice up there but I picked what I would use out of your list

My official SD shotgun load is #1 buck

before I get to my shotgun I would grab
5.56x45 in 77g SMK

but my first line , next to my bed choice is just a lil 9mm with 20 rounds of 124gr HST +p

your shotgun is looking like a pretty serious defensive weapon, offensive is one was so inclined

My load of choice is not listed above. Std run of the mill 2 3/4" rifled slugs.

I'm not scared of recoil by any means but 3" slugs or buck is overkill IMHO for my HD situation.

Nice lookin rig.

Same here on the choices in your poll, I wouldn't choose any of those. It's 2-3/4" Rio Royal (RB129) 00 buck for me....

but my first line , next to my bed choice is just a lil 9mm with 20 rounds of 124gr HST +p

Don't know if you guys have any experience clearing rooms/your house, but doing so with a long gun is very difficult. For any type of "home defense" situation I would choose a pistol every time. Which is why I have my .45 next to my bed.

Don't know if you guys have any experience clearing rooms/your house, but doing so with a long gun is very difficult. For any type of "home defense" situation I would choose a pistol every time. Which is why I have my .45 next to my bed.
never done it live but I think I have the idea
maneuverability is good with a pistol, carries a light and I can keep it sucked up to my body giving less opportunity for someone to grab it. Plenty of firepower in 20 9mm's

Not to mention I can shoot my SP-01 using the force alone, really trust my ability with it and don't have a pistol I shoot better.
I can shoot the tacks off the target when I am at the end of a shooting session

I only say that because one of the main themes of any gun owner now seems to be something to do with zombies, "tactical", or "home defense". Aside from zombies, I would say that all of these "practical tactical" attachments everyone has are anything but that. Try clearing your house with a 40" shotgun, consider how you have to come down your stairs to where you're not completely exposed but can still shoot, I bet you can't. I'm not trying to be "that guy", but "home defense shotguns" are nearly an oxymoron.

I only say that because one of the main themes of any gun owner now seems to be something to do with zombies, "tactical", or "home defense". Aside from zombies, I would say that all of these "practical tactical" attachments everyone has are anything but that. Try clearing your house with a 40" shotgun, consider how you have to come down your stairs to where you're not completely exposed but can still shoot, I bet you can't. I'm not trying to be "that guy", but "home defense shotguns" are nearly an oxymoron.

While I do keep my 590 loaded and ready to go as my Home defender, I agree that a pistol is better suited for the purpose. In addition to what @oli700 said, I could not expect my 5' 3" wife to yield a 9lbs shotgun loaded with 00buck. I have yet to really get her into shooting sports, but I think she would be much better with a 9mm handgun if I were to be incapacitated than the 590A1.... I think this is where a pistol carbine would really shine!

you didn't have my choice up there but I picked what I would use out of your list

My official SD shotgun load is #1 buck

before I get to my shotgun I would grab
5.56x45 in 77g SMK

your shotgun is looking like a pretty serious defensive weapon, offensive is one was so inclined
HST +p, Nice :D

My load of choice is not listed above. Std run of the mill 2 3/4" rifled slugs.

I'm not scared of recoil by any means but 3" slugs or buck is overkill IMHO for my HD situation.
I hear ya. I want to try some I saw with 3 00 and 1 big ol' ball. 3" are overkill.

I'm a 1911 fan myself.

While I do keep my 590 loaded and ready to go as my Home defender, I agree that a pistol is better suited for the purpose. In addition to what @oli700 said, I could not expect my 5' 3" wife to yield a 9lbs shotgun loaded with 00buck. I have yet to really get her into shooting sports, but I think she would be much better with a 9mm handgun if I were to be incapacitated than the 590A1.... I think this is where a pistol carbine would really shine!
Or maybe a .380.

Nice set up Defender. I need to see if that LaserLyte tri-rail would work on my 590-A1 without any modification, looks good and not in the way.

My home defense load of choice is Hornady Critical Defense 2 3/4 00, my small handguns are for CCW and my AR is for Zombies!!!

Jim

Back