• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Sling, Tri-Rail & Light

Which type of shells do you like for Home Defense?

• Less Lethal Bean Bags or Rubber Loads

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nice set up Defender. I need to see if that LaserLyte tri-rail would work on my 590-A1 without any modification, looks good and not in the way.

My home defense load of choice is Hornady Critical Defense 2 3/4 00, my small handguns are for CCW and my AR is for Zombies!!!

Jim
I think it will. I like it very much. I've read where people have put it on 590's and Rem 870's.

I saw a video on YouTube today. It was a test of shot loads through two drywall walls, the same with a chunk of pork ahead of it, and another with the drywall and ballistics gel behind it.

He fired with #4 buck and #8 bird.

End result was the bird destroyed the pork at 10 yards but didn't penetrate all the drywall. The buck penetrated all.

The birdshot penetrated the walls and penetrated the fell about 5".

Makes me wonder about using birdshot as a HD round...

I saw a video on YouTube today. It was a test of shot loads through two drywall walls, the same with a chunk of pork ahead of it, and another with the drywall and ballistics gel behind it.

He fired with #4 buck and #8 bird.

End result was the bird destroyed the pork at 10 yards but didn't penetrate all the drywall. The buck penetrated all.

The birdshot penetrated the walls and penetrated the fell about 5".

Makes me wonder about using birdshot as a HD round...
I saw that too. If you have family or friends on the other sides of walls that are drywall and in the line of fire it's a good choice. I don't so I worry more about the effectiveness at a distance but for Close Quarters, hell yeah :)

I'm in a duplex and I have an 11 year old. The next house over is an arms reach from mine. Over penetration is definitely an issue for me.

Be careful making decisions based on these type of tests.

We have on the job accounts from some of our members in law enforcement that have seen bird shot fail to penetrate a single layer denim jacket...

Back