• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

new to me 930 needs parts identified

shaker

Copper BB
I recvd this weapon on a trade.

The box says mossberg turkey and a date of 3-20-12.

He told me he spent a few hundred extra on parts.

my questions are.

what barrel do i have with the breacher on it and who sales them?

what mag extenders do i have?

what side shell holder do i have?

pay close attention to the reciever. there is two screws in it instead of the factor push rod things. why this upgrade and who makes it?

47769d1338713842-new-930-mossberg-need-help-image-610363290.jpg

47768d1338713418-new-930-mossberg-need-help-image-165445250.jpg

47767d1338713405-new-930-mossberg-need-help-image-3608936332.jpg

http://cdn.firearmstalk.com/forums/atta ... 122399.jpg

47765d1338713393-new-930-mossberg-need-help-image-3488690792.jpg

47764d1338713386-new-930-mossberg-need-help-image-3563682179.jpg

47771d1338714861-new-930-mossberg-need-help-image-2306138821.jpg

also im having a hard time hand cycling it. if i only put one roud in the mag i can cyle it no problem. if i put 2 shells in the mag most of the time no problem however anything more than two it will not cycle. I have read multiple sites about the problem and im gonna guess its not borken in, because the weapon appears to have not been fired too much so im really looking frwd to range time.

looking frwd to this weapon. hope it does not let me down. :(

You've got the Mossberg factory heavy-walled breacher barrel. The screws in the receiver are what's holding your side saddle on, they replace the factory pins and it looks to me like it's a TacStar side saddle. I'll let someone else chime in on the mag tube extension, 'cause I don't recognize it off hand...

Your second barrel is the Mossberg 24" Turkey Barrel with Ulti-Full Choke. P/N is 93025 and is sold by Mossberg for $189.63 as an accessory barrel.

As far as cycling problems, do a complete tear down and clean out all of the factory grease if it hasn't been done already. Get yourself a new operating handle, check the gas system piston for smooth operation inside the gas cylinder on the barrel and you should be good to go since it looks like a new aftermarket magazine extension and hopefully a new magazine spring have already been added. Check the magazine tube where it meets the magazine extension and make sure there are no lips or edges that could cause it to hang up.

By the way, does it still have the factory magazine plug or is the plug plastic? Have a great day.

Paul

shaker said:
magazine plug being the follower correct?????

Yes, the follower. That is the correct term. Not the magazine plug. :oops:

I only asked about the follower because it has been mentioned several times that the Mossberg Follower really isn't bad. But the plastic ones seem to be getting terrible reviews. FWIW.

And the more I look at it, the more the Mag Extender has me baffled. Looking at the nut, I can't seem to identify it. Can you tell us the length of the extender and the magazine spring? Sometimes spring length can be an issue.
Paul

Well, I think I found the Magazine Extension. It says it is the TacStar Model 1081201. Here is a link:

http://www.tacticalsubmission.com/Photo ... TAC1081201

It might be an older model because if you go to the TacStar website, they don't show the extender with that particular nut. And they only show an eight shot extender for the 930/935. So there you go. Let us know how she's running once you get to play.

Paul

oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhh very happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so i work in law enforcement and dont get much time off due to being short handed at work so i actually got today off and started to tear the weapon down.

here is what we have so far for the future referance.

the weapon was bought as a mossberg 85235 turkey and it came with the 24 inch ported bbl part number af065186.

he purchased a nordic plus 4 round holder for the 24 inch ported bbl
he also purchased hiviz sights for it

then he bought a breach bbl
then he bought a tacstar plus 2 magazine
also purchased tacstar shell holder

i just bought the ggc hiviz red mag follower and chrging handle.

********************update problem******* cured

i could not charge more than one round by hand cycling this weapon.

you ask how did i fix this?

I took the mag extendor off and noticed small bures at the end of the stock magazine. i sanded them down smooth then i noticed the spring that came with the tacstar extendor was thicker in spots and a little out of round so i used the original one.

after that i loaded the weapon "6 rounds" and was able to hand cycle all of them multiple times.

very happy now with this weapon just gotta get to the range.

BTW if anyone wants the 24 inch bbl with hiviz sights and the nordic plus 4 mags let me know.

Nicely done!

Glad to see you got the kinks worked out. Can't wait for your range report...

Back