• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

No Friend of mine

Towmaster21

.270 WIN
I'm going to cast a question out there to everyone, seeing as how most of us are of similar mindset when it comes to firearms, self defense and being prepared. In my opinion these are not bad traits to have seeing as how we live in a tragic, unpredictable and very dangerous world. But we all have and know people, be they family, friends or what have you, that are either far left liberal, non firearm folk or people who thumb their noses at those of us who live by the mindset of "Rather have it and not need it, than need it or not have it".
So, lets say all hell breaks loose....zombie apocalypse, mass riots, government collapse, Natural Disaster, War, you get my point. Help isn't coming, youre on your own, youre locked, cocked and sitting ok thanks to your planning and or training. And then THEY show up. Wanted to sneer when you bought that wonderful Mossberg riot gun but now they want to hide behind you and it. Laughed when you got that case of MRE's but now hope youre willing to throw them a couple. I could go on and on with this but you see where I'm going with this.
My question to all of you is simply this...who do you let in, who do you help? When the perverbial s**t hits the fan keeping yourself and your family alive may be a tough task in itself.
I'm all for helping those in need, and if I have extra I don't mind letting go of some of it....but I'm not going to take the place of the government handout when those cease to exist.
Any of this make sense? lol

Boy, you been thinking on this for a while haven't you. You ain't the first I'm sure of that. Without going into a summary of the path that led me to my thought it is as follows.

I'll help and defend the helpless. The hopeless are on their own.

I'll let you define your own catagories.

Probably didn't help ya much.

sounds like your first mistake was advertising in the first place.

Keep a low profile

Low+Profile+Pay+Ya+Dues.jpg

*Chuckle* Oh trust me I didn't and don't advertise explicit details to people outside of very close family and friends. Low Profile is definetly the way to go which has been more than a good idea, if they don't know you have it, they won't be looking for it. I'm throwing out a hypothetical situation to get some feedback, I live alone and think too much :cool:

Good question and one I've thought about from time to time.

I hate to turn away people in need but when it comes down to survival I would much rather take in people that bring something to the table other than just their appetite. If it comes down to the point where I can only survive on what I have tough decisions will need to be made, esp if they have no skills or assets that benefit me or my groups ability to survive.

Doctors, nurses, dentists, pharmacist, perhaps electrician, ammo reloader, hunter/gatherer/fisher, farmer, etc will likely always have a high demand.

Towmaster21 said:
*Chuckle* Oh trust me I didn't and don't advertise explicit details to people outside of very close family and friends.

Well in that case, of course you take care of them. They have already seen the error of their thoughts on the subject long before they came knocking at your door. S has HTF already, not the time to shun family and close friend. Water under the bridge, teach them to contribute from here out and they can be safe in the bosom of the pack but if they are a drain, trouble, anti productive then something needs to be done. Couldn’t tell ya what because it becomes situational after that.

John A. said:
Doctors, nurses, dentists, pharmacist, perhaps electrician, ammo reloader, hunter/gatherer/fisher, farmer, etc will likely always have a high demand.

A lot of the people that I know will, LUCKILY FOR THEM, fit into at least one of those categories. :lol:

LTB45 said:
John A. said:

A lot of the people that I know will, LUCKILY FOR THEM, fit into at least one of those categories. :lol:

Just an FYI, if anyone from here shows up in MI, you MO hat might get you to the door but I will require your forum handle to gain entry. LOL :lol: :lol:

If they don't have any skills to offer then too bad for them.
I'll give ya a rep point for posting such a great question.

Back