• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

No more vehicle inspection stickers in MS

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
This only applies to MS. House Bill 499 repeals the requirement to get a state vehicle safety inspection sticker in MS! Yaaaaa! It's about time. I'm sure this will pass, since it saves the state approx $700,000/year in admin costs. Also saves me and everyone else $5/vehicle every year. Bill is in the Senate now and if passed will take effect 1 July 2013.

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/2013/p ... HB0499.xml

,,,,good news for you in MS. NY is up to $37. a year......

Attachments

• keep-calm-and-get-a-horse-4.png
    keep-calm-and-get-a-horse-4.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 583
Hope that goes through. I've never had to deal with that here, thank goodness.

When I was 16, PA had twice a year inspections. A year later and ever since it is once a year and includes an emission check too. I pre check and repair mine and go to shops where the owner has beer in his fridge. He's not overly fussy.

Gunny, that is a double edged sword. Used to have vehicle inspections here in OH but they did away with them. It is incredible the number of POS wrecks on the road nowadays. No lights, no bumpers, windows missing or windshields completely cracked where you can't see through them, racing slicks for tires. Yes, it may save money but it makes driving even more dangerous for the rest of us.

OhioArcher said:
Gunny, that is a double edged sword. Used to have vehicle inspections here in OH but they did away with them. It is incredible the number of POS wrecks on the road nowadays. No lights, no bumpers, windows missing or windshields completely cracked where you can't see through them, racing slicks for tires. Yes, it may save money but it makes driving even more dangerous for the rest of us.

It didn't pass.

DarbyGloss said:
Is there anyone knows about the vehicle inspection system. I just want to buy some daily car inspection machine so that I can do some daily check by my own. What should I buy?

I'm not sure what you are asking. Most of the safety checks are just checking lights, breaks, tires, steering slop, etc.

Most is visual and should be common sense(1) "is it safe for myself and others to drive the car in this condition" type things..

Are you referring to emissions check that would require a meter?

(!) I realize common sense means different things to different people....which is why the reason for the inspection in the first place.

DarbyGloss said:
Is there anyone knows about the vehicle inspection system. I just want to buy some daily car inspection machine so that I can do some daily check by my own. What should I buy?

Spammer! I got ya!!!

Back