• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

NorEaster in October!

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Again I am without power this year. I have a foot of snow outside. Thank dog I can at least drive to DD to get some delicious blueberry coffee...

Last night... North & West of Philadelphia ...almost 5 inches of ice.

But right now it's sunny and 45...and I had no problem removing the ice from the cars and walkways

I'm feeling very lucky to be in TX. I don't miss the snow at all!!! I guess if you are stuck inside then you could give all your firearms a good cleaning or make your wife happy and jump on the "honey do" list :) hOpe you stay safe and warm!

Ok I'm done cleaning em all.....now what?

Just a little fyi for anyone making coffee in a pan on grill...the lid is friggin hot too....I feel like such a dumbass.

Its too early in morning for life lessons.

I'm sorry your failed attempt at coffee making caused burned fingers, but I gotta admit that it made me laugh!! Are you stuck indoors again today?? I think the closets and kitchen cabinets could be cleaned out and organized now ;) lol!

I missed this thread. Delete my other one if'n you'd like.

What a wild ride this weekend was. I got hit with about 14 inches of snow in an early season storm. We blew all of the records out of the water for an early snowfall by a foot in most places near me! I guess it is the heaviest snowfall sense the civil war I heard from somewhere if it is true or not...

I am one of the lucky ones. Bought a generator a couple years back and had the house wired for it inside and out. So I get everything but 1/4 of the outlets and the stove, and dryer. If I loose power for long enough my basement floods because I am on a hill with wetlands above me on one side, and a flowing spring on the other. So I was playing PS3 during the outage.

Lots of destruction in my area. The trees still have leaves and the snow was the heavy wet kind. That means lots od trees either snapeed from the weight, or uprooted because the ground is still warm and wet from the rain that came before the snow. There are people that will be without power for a week or more from the looks of things. I am just up the road from the high school that doubles as an emergency shelter, so I was only out for 12 hours. I count my blessings. By the time I got out of bed, I even had cable and internet back to my suprise!

I am at work waiting for a call from my mother. She spent last night at my place because she is without power, or heat. She headed back to collect my brother and check if she had power, nope. As soon as my brother wakes up they are headed to my place.

Got me realy thinking about what I need to "bug in" if needed and what I would need to "bug out". I am suprisingly prepared for bugging in and I learned a few things from this storm in the short term. I will be putting something together in the comming months to prepare for longer durations.

YIPEEEEE WE HAVE POWER!!!!

GirlsLoveGuns2 said:
I'm sorry your failed attempt at coffee making caused burned fingers

Just my thumb is blistered.... :oops:

GirlsLoveGuns2 said:
Hey, I have an idea, are you a good artist??? If so, I may have another task for you :)

I am, but I haven't kept up it lately. I need to sketch up some tattoos for a friend...

Ripsnortr said:
I missed this thread. Delete my other one if'n you'd like.

Got me realy thinking about what I need to "bug in" if needed and what I would need to "bug out". I am suprisingly prepared for bugging in and I learned a few things from this storm in the short term. I will be putting something together in the comming months to prepare for longer durations.

Nah that's fine. you have yours and i have mine. one's CT the other is NH....

SHOOTER13 said:
Last night... North & West of Philadelphia ...almost 5 inches of ice.

But right now it's sunny and 45...and I had no problem removing the ice from the cars and walkways

we had 12" of that pita stuff....trees everywhere..power lines all over the place..
I'm lucky to live on the same power line grid the high school is running off of. They always have them up first and we have power when they do.

I really need to invest in a generator! Having no power was cool, but having power is so much better.
It's amazing what we have become used to and take for granted all the powered things in life we use everyday. And not even think twice. I found myself with "a flashlight in my hand, flicking the power switch when i went to look in my closet!" My wife even heard me do that and laughed at me...

I hear ya Rip, I've been without power since Saturday with no relief in sight.

I'm running on a generator since Wednesday but my neighborhood is a mess. I'm typing this from work and probably won't have power or internet for a while.

Take care fellas and hope to be back soon...

You guys need to move to the coast.
Down here in Stratford we never lost power.
We got lucky this time!

Now if my club in Wolcott can get its power back then my regular weekend plans can still happen.

Ripjack, Glad to hear your power is back on!

Dave, hang in there CLP hopefully will get you back on soon.

Oh man. I'd like to move south. But a few more miles than Ct coast. I'm thinking Somewhere with much less snow. I'd like at least ten acres. Maybe by the coast. So my thoughts were...
Texas, North or South Carolina, Georgia, The top of Florida. ( i know, i'm weird )..
Somewhere near the ocean too. For the wife. She likes the waves. I do too, but I'd rather swim in a lake where there's no sharks.

My wife is from TN so there is a good chance that we will end up there some day.
For now though she is enjoying living near saltwater.
For me I have never, not lived, very close to the coast.

TN is not bad ...but it's too far from the shore. She already said no to it.

Me, I am a mountains guy. Give me a place among the trees with or close to a senic view and I am a happy guy! I think moving somewhere warmer with higher elevations would make me happy. More time to ride the bike before having to shutter her up for a few months if at all!

Ripsnortr said:
Me, I am a mountains guy. Give me a place among the trees with or close to a senic view and I am a happy guy! I think moving somewhere warmer with higher elevations would make me happy. More time to ride the bike before having to shutter her up for a few months if at all!

ripjack13 said:
I'd rather swim in a lake where there's no sharks.

Mountains are great.....that's me. she's the sea girl.

ripjack13 said:
Mountains are great.....that's me. she's the sea girl.

there are some places with both and not a flake of snow, abot 2 hours from my house...come visit.
OregonCoast.jpg

Back