• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Not go BANG

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
This is the exact reason why if you pull the trigger and it does not go off, why you point the gun in a safe direction and wait for 30 seconds before attempting to eject the shell.

It is called a delayed detonation, and likely caused by a bad primer that burns slowly instead of flashing, setting off the gun powder

It is also why you do not ever (NEVER-EVER) point a gun at anything that you don't want or intend to destroy and kill.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtkapY3ZfD4[/youtube]

Good point John !!

Let that be a leason learned...and a head not blown off !! ;)

I couldn't believe this video the first time I saw it.

Holy. Smokes. :shock:

John very good points, we all need to be reminded from time to time.

That said, let me also acknowledge (Allison too) That guy is an idiot. Danged blessed he didnt blow his head off.

Never never never never look down the barrel of a gun that just didnt fire with the load still in there. DuMass.

May we learn from others mistakes that we dont make them ourselves.

Yup I thought that was gun safety 101, but I can't tell you how many times I've actually seen folks at the range look down the barrel of their loaded gun when it jammed or didn't go off. Maybe they're just complete morons, maybe they're missing a chromasome or two, I don't know. Either way when I see them do it on the line, I promptly pack up my gear and go home notifying an RSO on the way out the door...

Crap!
I'm Sorry for this but what Kind of Idiot looks down the barrel of a loaded gun!!!!!
John your so right though.
I have a 1942 Turkish Mauser and the ammo is head stamped 48 &49 I have so many miss fires I have never looked down the barrel EVER! I always keep it the barrel pointed down range and wait. That guy is so lucky it's not even funny.

Hey LES
I've seen the same thing at the pit where I go shoot and the only thing I can think is "This will be Darwinism at it finest, and crap there is no cell signal out here!"

^^^don't need service to take a pic with the phone...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and now...OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!! what the f was that moron thinking?!! holy crapola. i've seen stupid before, but he just takes the cake.

ripjack13 said:
^^^don't need service to take a pic with the phone...

Absolutely right, but I think he was saying somebody should be calling for ambulance/deputy/coroner/TV News/TMZ/National Enquirer/Entertainment Tonight/Jerry Springer/Geraldo, etc. and not getting a signal out. :?:

Ain't CGI great?

Did you notice how the two ejected hulls come straight back at the camera as if they pass right thru him?

The first click, he racks the slide but no loaded shell ejects. Yet he apparently has another shell to chamber for trigger pull number four.

And the barrel looks like it "bends" for a split second so that the "shot" just misses his punkin haid.

I've never seen a visible muzzle flash in daylight from a long barrelled shotgun. Ever. Even at night, shotgun powders tend to be quick burning and there isn't a fireball like you see in the SloMo.

Nice but I'm calling BS.

Nice butt crack, tho............. :)

Hmm, I'll give ya that its weird in a couple places.

The shells that come back look as if they bounce off his vest. The bend I dont know unless its just an issue of the camera not being high speed enough so it blurs? And the first click... I dunno.

I would say I saw muzzle blast, but i didnt see a flash. Again if the camera is on the slower side, its possible it missed the flash in slo mo.

Heck, I've been wrong before... like alot. ;)

I say we take from this;

Squib, misfire, short stroke, loaded, chambered, whatever... Dont be stupid and look down the barrel! You just may win the Darwin Award posthumously.

Back