• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Now this is an assault weapon!

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
150798_474182293605_2078937_n.jpg

Hi Sharpie, welcome to MO!

The cannon can fire a range of ammunition, including armour-piercing incendiary rounds (API) weighing up to 0.75kg, or uranium-depleted 0.43kg API rounds. The magazine can hold 1,350 rounds of ammunition. The pilot can select a firing rate of 2,100 or 4,200 rounds a minute.

I don't recall this on any ban list. I want one!

That’s right about the plane. Don’t know if you guys hear about the retardant plane fleet falling out of the sky over wildfires because they are getting so old. We were looking at the Warthogs but they won’t fly without the gun in them. We could fill the weight but it hurts the final payload so it was a no go…..I suggested leaving the gun and using it to “create” fireline around the perimeter from the sky….my idea was frowned upon :lol:

The A-10 was designed around that gun. They actually offset the front landing gear to the side so it will work. This is the most bad ass plane in my opinion. They were originally going to cancel the plane, until Desert Storm, when it really showed what it could do. It is a genius design. There was a documentary on them not to long ago. A pilot landed the plane on 1 or 2 functional landing gear. There were hundreds of holes (bullets, etc.) in the plane, one engine dead, part of the wings and tail missing, and it still brought our guy home.

Frank

Man, I love the A10. Oli, I like your thinking!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf2ka9RsFQ4[/youtube]

Back