• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

old guy, new owner

VTXPhil

.22LR
Hi all just here to say hi. I just picked up a 464 and am looking for a nice new rear sight to slap on it. Don't really hunt much just like to put 6 in the smallest spot possible. Right now I'm working on 2.5 inch spot at 100 yrds. open sight. x-military police, not to toot my own horn but always pretty good and putting them where I wanted to.

Welcome from The Mitten!!

Howdy VTXphil and welcome to the club...

Welcome aboard and thank you for your service Sir!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of your 464 and any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

Hey old guy, or Phil! :D Thank you, we appreciate your service in the US Armed forces and on the beat or patrol! Welcome to Mossberg Owners!!!

Those 464 lever guns have been catchin my eye here recently too! I know nothing about them however. Have you been able to find a rear sight?

thanks for friendly welcome to all. Well I took out my 464 today for the first time. Very different from a M16 for sure. All my shots were high and to the left at about 50 yrds. Setting the rear sight is different too. the biggest problem I had was I couldnt remember slide the diamond plate up or down for lowering my shot. With my little Marlin semi -auto .22 I never really had to mess with it. It was spot on when my Dad gave it to me. Any ideas or stadegy ro lower my shots. I only brought a few rounds today. I shot my S&W Sigma .40 alot more.

Rossignol said:
Hey old guy, or Phil! :D Thank you, we appreciate your service in the US Armed forces and on the beat or patrol! Welcome to Mossberg Owners!!!

Those 464 lever guns have been catchin my eye here recently too! I know nothing about them however. Have you been able to find a rear sight?

it was really Patrol. working at a missle facility keeping the bad guys away. thats all

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Thank you for service; it is much appreciated!

VTX, is your elevation on the front or rear? It confuses me too sometimes.

When elevation is on the front, if you are shooting high, you would raise the post, but on the rear you lower it. I think the latter is the case with the 464, yes?

Even patrol on a factory is service and you have earned a thanks! ;)

Thanks again Rossignal, not a factory it where the silos were. the titan and minutemans were in there but that was back in the late 70's. Its a 464 and the elevation is in the rear, Muzzle post doesn't move. I believe lower the rear slide will draw the shot up? and visa-versa

30-30 right? How many rounds does that classic lever hold? Sounds like you'll have the sights under control.

Welcome from St. Louis, MO!!

Welcome from GA. I'm a former SF myself. Air Force Security Forces, not Special Forces. Although we were a "special" bunch who liked to think we were special forces. Haha!

To mingaa: it holds 7 total 6 in the tube and 1 in the chamber.It has a nice kick too. Unlike the old M16 I was use too.
To the _mule: Thanks it was a nice and cold stay in Grand Forks ND. That is one place I will never visit again. I got there Feb. 15th 1976 and man it was really cold. I grew up in Sonoma County California about 50 miles above San Francisco where it don't get 35 deg below and 3 ft. of snow. yikes it was cold..

Ok I have been away for a while and have been taking out the rifle once in a while. I have corrected the siting issue. I have gotten contacts for the 56 year old eyes I have and a scope for the 464. Well now i put it right where I want it now. 100 yards out I can put 6 in the 9 or the 10 ring and thats all I can ask for. 2.5 inch groups. We have some BLM land pretty close to home so about once or twice a month I go kill some paper. I just picked up a early 1943 m1 carbine about 2 months ago and thats what I have been playing with lately. What a great gun for a awful time.WW2

Sounds like you have been keepin busy. Good news about the contacts. Got any pix of the new Carbine? Those are sweet rifles...

Back