• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Old man with a new Mossberg

Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly old (70) and I have a new Mossberg Patriot in .243 Win in my household. Actually, it belongs to my wife, who is also an avid shooter.

I'm a retired Army Paratrooper, Vietnam Veteran, and currently volunteer as a Range Safety Officer. Yep, Living the dream.

Welcome. I'd love to have some hours with you just shooting the shit.

Please post often with your perspective on any topic.

Welcome, Ron, from E TN. I'm a few years older than you but I also spend time at the range as instructor and RO. Great way to pass time for a guy w/o out a job.
license_20121027180427_80337.jpg

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum !!

And Thank You for Your Service to Our Great Country !!

Enjoy our community...

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm in western Washington State for the time being. Looking forward to a move to Maine in the near future.

First I want to say thank you for serving, both in the US Army and for volunteering as an RSO!

Second, welcome to Mossberg Owners!

Welcome aboard and thank you for serving Sir!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Thanks Folks. We got a chance to give the new Mossberg a run on Mother's Day. Yeah, my wife wanted a range day as a Mother's Day gift...who am I to complain. It likes 100 grain Federal factory ammo real well. The 3x9 scope that came with the gun was, well, a scope that came with the gun. Everything about the scope mounting system was really loose out of the box. Tightened everything up and could not get it to zero. We maxed out elevation and windage and could not get point of aim and point of impact to align. She just wanted to shoot, so she fired a total of about 120 rounds using Kentucky windage and Tennessee elevation and was ringing 10 inch steel plates at 300 yards. Today, the new Vortex low scope rings arrived and I mounted a Vortex Viper HS on the little .243. Bore sighted it and it should be ready for next weekend.

Howdy Ron, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
ripjack13

Back