• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Opening Up the Loading Port?

BRL

.22LR
I'm tempted to attempt this modification myself even though I have no intention of ever competing in any events.

Basically just looking for a fun project to attempt while sitting around watching movies on the T.V. tonight...(and I'm still to chicken to unscrew that gas plug gizmo to trim that spring end).

Yea I know..."Sometimes less is more"...but I might even like the modification if I don't mess it up.

Opinions anyone?

A couple things to remember:

-Even if the gun and vise are securely mounted to the table, if the table wobbles the gun is moving.
-A Dremel can do this faster (but remember rule #3)
-Measure twice, cut once.
-Incorrectly modifying the receiver is more expensive than incorrectly modifying the elevator.

Well, after careful consideration I decided that I'm not Jerry Miculek and would see little benefit from opening up the loading port.

Also decided that the thread cuts in the magazine tube are far deeper than that gas spring will ever make and it has done all the gouging it's going to do already without causing a functioning problem, so I guess the only thing left to do would be to go shoot it a bunch more and just enjoy the dang thing.

...sometimes less is more...:)

Watched the video. The guy is a hack. I wouldn't trust him with play doe.

I did this mod on my old Mariner a while back and it does make it a little easier to load without looking.

Back