• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Oregon Gov. John Kitzhaber Announces His Resignation

Does that "funny" story have to do with the woman that is likely to take his place?

This is a story of my good fortune….sarcastically

As you know last summer I was busy.
My team ended up in The Dalles OR on The Rowena Fire.

Team got established right when it blew up and in a matter of hours it went to the #1 fire in the nation.
When that happens, you get what you want and everyone is watching

As my good fortune would have it I happened to be the Division Sup in charge of the part of the fire that turned into the head of the fire charging toward the town.
Longish story shot my Div chased and saved that town by as much as a dozer blade width in place and with the help of a few local land owners were very successful.
I never been to The Dalles but apparently Division Zulu was highly visible from town and those local were big time landowners there so word spread.
A few more days into it a subdivision caught on fire , which I killed off with helicopters…….so Team 1 was getting a lot of attention.

About a week into it things were chill, about wrapped up. I grabbed my lunch and went to the field. About 11 I got it out and as my good fortune would have it , no meat, no bread, just an orange chips and a pack of cookies.

So since things were licked on the fire I left some guys from North Dakota in charge and got my truck and back to get another lunch at camp.
On my way to camp I remembered that we (operations) got bestowed left over pizza from the plans guys. So I park my truck run to my tent for the pizza, super rare treat. I left it outside the tent, so I snatched it up and ran.
As soon as I got a couple bounds I as my good fortune would have it it was infested with ants and I had about 1000 running up my arm.

I tear over to the trashcan and proceed to try to strip the ants when I hear my name called by and old friend.
I look over and it’s a guy I started with that went way way up in the organization.
I greet him and he asked for me to come with him…..he like my bosses bosses boss……so I start walking, I ask what the hell are we doing, he points up at a bunch of suits and military guys and I am like “oh shit did I leave a gun in my bag” lol he laughs and says no the Governor wants to meet you…
I stopped and said “dude, no way I got to get back to the division” He put his arm around me and says “your Div is fine”.
As we approach there is the Incident Commander and The Governor,IC points at us and says “There he is”…..Blah blah blah about my divisions exploits .
Governor says “ I got to shake your hand,blah blah blah”…
so I reluctantly give him possibly the firmest hand shake he ever had…..and I hang on for a couple awkward seconds too long……….to let the ants set in……
I had ant bombed the Governor and reached team legend status.

As we set up for the photo ops ……I observe my work with satisfaction……

awesome.jpg

Lol, it just kinda worked out.....I didn't want to shake his hand....just kinda stood by him looking for the escape back to the line

Awesome INFECTION Bro...

Let's hope the door is on fire when it hits him in the ass on the way out.....

A lot of stories claim to be Epic, but they all fail in comparison to this.

Well played sir!

Back