• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Please Continue Cheaper Than Dirt Boycott

MikeD said:
they continue to keep sending me the damn catalog and emails. The catalog never makes it past the garbage can in the garage.

I also still get a catalog.

But I dont' throw it away.

I figure that one of these days if times got bad enough, I can use it like we used to Sears and Roebucks magazines when I was growing up and use them for toilet paper in the outhouse.

That's a true story there gentlemen.

And if you have any questions how to crumple up the glossy paper so it works better, just drop me a PM.

I never bought from CTD since I saw their prices higher than others.

And they're cheaper than dirt? My ass.

Tom396 said:
Elephants and gun enthusiasts never forget. Take care. Tom Worthington

Judging by the posts I think Tom396 is dead on right. I'm glad no one has forgotten and that we also clued in some others that weren't aware of CTD, Dick's etc. Now if we can just get ammo back to semi normal.

Hey Mike awhile back we had a thread going about $shit list and AAA list with a whole bunch of web sites and businesses on it. Do you remember what it was? I can't find it. :(

I'm with you all on CTD. But what am I missing with Dicks? My local store has guns and ammo. I think I remember hearing something about them stopping the sales after Newtown. Was it just EVIL BLACK guns? I browse once a year at Xmas time but prices are always over the top. Wife buys that overpriced Under Armor chit for the boy when it's on sale but if they're stompin on our 2A we won't give them another cent.

express said:
Was it just EVIL BLACK guns?
Yes.

Dick's Sporting Goods is apparently over the shock of the Newtown, Conn., elementary school shootings that killed 20 students and six adults.
The retailer is opening a new subsidiary chain of stores, Field & Stream, to challenge big outdoor retailers such as Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's. To celebrate, Dick's sidestepped the vow it made to stop selling "modern sporting rifles" -- the industry term for military-style semiautomatic arms like the AR-15 that Newtown killer Adam Lanza used. Instead, it's stocking its new shops with a bevy of AR-15s and other similar weapons, according to The Firearm Blog.

Didn't know that about Dicks but they are selling guns in AZ and I just bought 700 rounds of 9mm from them yesterday.

Back