• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Police just came to the house!

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Just got a visit from the Police. Apparently the house across the street just got broken into into and the woman that lives there was pistol whipped. This happened literally 20 minutes ago!!

They wanted to know if I saw anything. I was downstairs, I didn't see or hear anything.

I effing HATE this damn city!!!!!!

I hope she is ok. Even if you don't know her, it may be a good idea to offer some mild... I had a close friend (my fiancee's previous roommate actually) get kidnapped and stabbed multiple times last year, and she told me that she really appreciated all the support from the community after it happened. She didn't like it when people came on strong, but she did appreciate the people that just told her that if she needed anything they could help her out.

I could have been us!

The police stopped at my house because our front door was open (screen door was locked). I raced upstairs because I heard the dogs go nuts when the officer came to the door.

My girlfriends brother was sleeping on the couch, but I was downstairs working.

I'm still shaking . This hits close to home, literally. We've had few break ins around here but this is the first one I've heard that occurred while the people were home and it resulted in violence. The last few were unoccupied homes.

It was one of the neighbors I don't know very well.

Have you considered starting a neighborhood watch program? After my friend was abducted, I started reporting anything strange to the police. We ended up reporting a drug dealer, a dog fighter, and a person that fired a few shots in the air (who ended up being an underage gun owner) and things started to feel safer on the street after a few weeks.

We have nothing organized but there are a few of us that watch out for each other.

Dayum! Glad she is OK. I think orginizing something with the community is a good place to start. Sounds like it is time to take back your community. It would be a great way to get ot know the people around you and feel a little safer.

I agree with the others. Time to start bonding with your neighbors. Ya'll need to watch each others backs. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Wow! Glad it wasn't your house! A neighborhood watch program is a great idea. Get some signs from the town to post up. Or maybe once you guys set it up they might put em up......

Glad you're ok!!!

A couple months ago, a neighbor walked in on a burglar. the cops didn't bother notifying anyone in the neighborhood. apparently, he has hit 6 or 7 houses and all the churches atleast once. never a word on it.

From what I have gleamed from another neighbor: The homeowner was on the phone when the intruder appeared in the house. The intruder hit her with her (yes it was a female) gun and the homeowner fought back using the phone. The person she was talking to at the time called 911. The intruder was caught hiding within the house when police arrived.

On the upside, as a result of talking about this to several other neighbors, I have found out that 3 other people on the street shoot regularly at the local tange and one of the three is big into sporting clays and skeet (something I used to do a lot but fell away from for a while). I guess it does pay to actually talk to your neighbors. :lol:

Well sounds like some good is going to come from a bad event!

If anything you will get to know them beter and you all will be more inclined to watch each others backs. How is the woman doing now?

I still have not talked to her, she's not been home much. But I did see her breifly on Monday and she looked well.

Back