• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rabbit control

Any particular sub-species for which you hunt for pelts? I grew up hunting your typical cottontail rabbits for the stew meat and we never considered the pelts. I imagine that somewhere there are some big hares whose pelts would bring a nice price if undamaged.

Truthfully, I really don't care that much for the taste of rabbit meat but it was such a traditional event that I never thought there was a chance to opt out.

Last edited:
Rabbits really don't bother me they won't run off with one of your toddlers given the chance like a coyote so rabbit control it is lol

At any given time I'll see fifteen to twenty rabbits in the back yard in the mornings I really don't want to take them out but they are messing with the victory garden and the wife says they have to go lol but if I'm going to kill them might as well make use of them

We had a breeding pair of great horned owls move into the woods behind our place a few months back. Haven't seen any rabbits all summer...

those owls are hunting machines

I've heard of wolves snatching a kid or two in Alaska but never heard of a coyote doing it yet, ballsy coyote. Usually not that brave

Almost certain one started to come through our dog door into the garage one night. Her dog happened to be in there and sent it packing.

those owls are hunting machines

I've heard of wolves snatching a kid or two in Alaska but never heard of a coyote doing it yet, ballsy coyote. Usually not that brave

Owls sure are. I find them absolutely fascinating!

I don't think coyotes are a real danger to humans but they sure can decimate bobwhite quail and grouse and rabbit populations. And eat their way thru watermelon crops with abandon.

There are coyotes here but never seem unless you go looking and I don't leave my kid outside at nite so I'm good as far as the garden get a cheap garden hose preferably one with a yellow strip lay it in the garden looks like a snake will keep the rabbits out

For some reason the coyotes over here do run around during the day probably because of all the new development taking up large amounts of land I always see them crossing the highway and around the mesquites at the edge of the property

y8y8upav.jpg

Speaking of slow roast man what I could do with that guy and no joke with the hose rabbits don't like snakes

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405296083.373237.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405296083.373237.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back