• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rear Ghost Ring Sight on 590A1 Issues

DHall

.22LR
I cannot move the rear elevation wheel on my 590A1 ghost ring sight. I have lifted up and also wedged up the apeture so it is raised over the humps. I also dropped some break free in the tapped hole where it is threaded. ANY SUGGESTIONS???

All you can really do is try to take the sight apart, clean everything up, lube it and try it again.

Sorry I cant help buddy. While I have a 590A1, I'm not at all familiar with the GRS.

I'm with Kodiak,

Removing and disassembling the rear sight will give you an opportunity to inspect the unit for any burrs or abnormalities.

Thanks guys, I'll give it a try. Any tips on removing the sight? Have either of you (Kodiak ,Sniper) done it before?

Haven't needed to take mine apart so far, but it looks like removing the two hex screws will detach the unit from the receiver. Once removed, you may be able to figure out the issue without completely taking it apart.

I'll answer my own question for everybody's reference. I was able to remove the two screws that attach the sight to the receiver. However, THE ELEVATION WHEEL IS ALSO THREADED INTO THE RECEIVER. I put back the two screws. I then wedged the sight off the elevation wheel with a allen wrench. I then took a leap of faith and used some needle nose pliers to turn the wheel COUNTER CLOCKWISE it finally began to turn and loosened up. I was glad it did not break like the first one. I not sure about this design with it tapping into the receiver seems like if the steel is not hard enough it could break.

Back