• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

received a return email from Mossberg...

I sent them an email last week requesting some info on my newly acquired M500 12g riot gun. Hard to track down serial numbers on Mossbergs, they have produced so many. Anyway, the gun was built between 1977-1982. Higher grade military/LE construction (so they say!) than their civilian guns, more real steel and less pot metal and plastic. Anyway, I bought some triple 000 buck and tried her out. A bucking bronco to say the least!! Now for the good part, I tracked down a 28" VR fixed Mod barrel for the gun. Perfect for 16 yard ATA, that's American trap talk... ;)

DSC_0141-001.JPG

DSC_0154-001.JPG

thats a sharp lookin' shotty.

strange about the serial number and the born date. i emailed them with the ser.# and they gave me the exact born date. 12/28/1988

try sending ms. Norma an email.

Martinez, Norma
martinezn@mossberg.com

also i heard if you give Havlin a call they can help you. Havlin (636) 937-6401

old mossy said:
thats a sharp lookin' shotty.

strange about the serial number and the born date. i emailed them with the ser.# and they gave me the exact born date. 12/28/1988

try sending ms. Norma an email.

Martinez, Norma
martinezn@mossberg.com

also i heard if you give Havlin a call they can help you. Havlin (636) 937-6401

thanks loads, I'll email her tomorrow...

,,,,no problem. don't forget the pics with the new barrel. :)

Where's the "Like" button....nay...the "flipping beautiful button"... :)

I just love the old school wood and steel Mossberg shotguns. Yours is a nice looking one sir.

Curious why you choose rubber buckshot for home defense purposes?

IMHO it's not the appropiate tool for the job at hand if god forbid you have to actually utilize your shotgun with a home invader(s). Yes at extremely close range like dealing with an intruder indoors its quite capable of being lethal but not always. Each to his or her own but if someone breaks into my place and I have to use one of my firearms I'm going to give myself the best chance at survival and stopping an immediate threat.

YMMV as always.

Slugo48 said:
BTW, and laugh or not, I'm using these for HD...

9582009667_3401e54caf.jpg

I'm curious as to what you are defending your home from? If a home invader is firing lead at you don't you think a more reasonable defense round would be lead rather than rubber? What if you only have time for one shot, does rubber have the stopping power? I believe rubber buck is typically reserved for LEO that have plenty of backup and it is NOT an immediate life threatening situation. I would seriously re-think your choice of HD ammo since your life and the life of your loved ones could depend on it.

bwalker said:
Slugo48 said:
BTW, and laugh or not, I'm using these for HD...

9582009667_3401e54caf.jpg

I'm curious as to what you are defending your home from? If a home invader is firing lead at you don't you think a more reasonable defense round would be lead rather than rubber? What if you only have time for one shot, does rubber have the stopping power? I believe rubber buck is typically reserved for LEO that have plenty of backup and it is NOT an immediate life threatening situation. I would seriously re-think your choice of HD ammo since your life and the life of your loved ones could depend on it.

they will put you in the new land, believe it. I also have a new S&W Governor on standby, stoked with .410 Federal HD buckshot. Bases are covered...

While rubber is anything but less than lethal at very close range with proper shot placement, I am of a very different mindset.

But, I won't bash you for what you feel is right.

Back