• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent Slug Shooting

mingaa

Raconteur

50 yds off hand Mossberg 930
2 3/4" Lee 10z. reloads
18.5 gr Alliant e3

The two (home made) shot cards raise the slug up for a better crimp AND help it separate from the wad. (phone pic - do not adjust your screen!!)

Yeah, I clean up ocassionally - loading slugs...

I've hung all manner of 'shite' on this gun and am back to KISS. It does a lot of things pretty well and with the ports defeated I can avoid being classed in Open for 3-Gun!

Nice shootin' mingaa!

Love the Lee 1oz.;)

What and how did you make the shot cards from?

Last edited:
At less than .25 a round I'm practicing a lot more with slugs. I also set up 6 targets - that was the best of them but all hits were on the 11 x 17 target ( center of scoring area for Idpa, IPSC, 3-Gun etc.).

I used to wince at running through 2 boxes of slugs in a few minutes now - not a problem.

I'm about to go to free on lead (labor and propane) as I have collected over 150 lbs of bullets from the dirt berms at the club. That's a lot of 00 shot - still need dead soft for slugs but just agreed to a swap with a roofer, my ingots for his scrap!!

What machine are you doing the reloading with?

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 640k of RAM
he looks to be using a Lee Loadall

Mingaa......
40 grains of Blue Dot, AA12r, .125 nitro card......touch holes

49 grains Blue Dot, AA12r......loosen your teeth

Back