• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

RP 38 special revolver

gibson_es,

Other than what the fellas have already contributed, my advice would be to take your time in the search for your CC/HD pistol. Sure you can get out cheap to start with, but you'll end up spending more money in the long run when you decide to upgrade. Save up and spend a few extra bucks on a better gun from the get-go. Think of in terms of the return on investment should you ever decide to trade the gun in. A gun like the one in your OP will get you virtually nothing in trade-in value. More important than the dollar value is the value of your life. You will be trusting your life to your CC/HD pistol, so make sure the gun you choose is worthy of the task.

Get out to a variety of different gun stores, shows, and put as many pistols in your hands as possible. CC doesn't always mean the pistol has to be small either. I'm right at 5' 8" and can conceal a full-sized 1911 or my Glock 21 in summer clothing with no issues. The right holster and belt will make all the difference in the world.

If you're looking for an Inexpensive revolver just to have around, take a look at Taurus. They make nice entry-level revolvers and carry a lifetime repair warranty. I've owned three of them myself and have had good experiences with all of them. A Taurus model 85 or 66 would be a good place to start looking...

Happy hunt'n!

f43da_cd83d169-c57c-4e79-a808-0b762928d807.jpg

yes buy the russian gun. it'll only cost you 3 times as much for ammo as 9mm does at Walyworld. Money can work around all kinds of problems. But I'm assuming you don't have a lot if you're looking at $100 russian guns.

Oh and in a soviet block gun, ammo that kind of fits? Great idea!

I'm actually done here. I'm going to see if there is an ignore function cuz this sh*t is just gettting stupid.

Go to this site, download the catalog. http://www.cdnninvestments.com/dowournewcat.html Start on page 5. And remember 2 things. When you're trying to save money, if it looks too good to be true it is. And secondly guns kill people. The differnece between decent guns and shitty guns is shitty guns can kill people you don't mean to kill really easily.

Have a good life.

Wow Blue, I am pleased to know there is someone with less tolerance than me. :cool:

Gibson, what is your goal here?

If you are starting a gun collection then don’t get rid of your 9.

If your 9 is a cheapy why would you trade it in for another cheapy ?

Are you trying to switch over to a revolver? If so listen to Blue and save for a Ruger because they are some of the best guns made at any price. A Taurus is a good choice for what you want to do as well.

If you are going for a used gun than inspect it well, I mean magnifying glass well. If you buy a gun in rough shape at least make sure it is from a reputable company so it can be repaired and parts can be acquired easily. If you can help it don’t get one with rust. Some rust can be taken care of with no harm to the reliability, some cant….magnifying glass inspection.

I understand being on a budget but guns are a touchy thing to skimp on, keep your 9, save for a decent used revolver that you can feel safe with.

A couple of posts you made here have been a little on the rocky side and that is fine. No one here wants to belittle anyone. Just accept good advice and don’t be quick to be offended. No one here is picking on you……Its just a little hard to figure out your mission

oli700 said:
Wow Blue, I am pleased to know there is someone with less tolerance than me. :cool:

Gibson, what is your goal here?

If you are starting a gun collection then don’t get rid of your 9.

If your 9 is a cheapy why would you trade it in for another cheapy ?

Are you trying to switch over to a revolver? If so listen to Blue and save for a Ruger because they are some of the best guns made at any price. A Taurus is a good choice for what you want to do as well.

If you are going for a used gun than inspect it well, I mean magnifying glass well. If you buy a gun in rough shape at least make sure it is from a reputable company so it can be repaired and parts can be acquired easily. If you can help it don’t get one with rust. Some rust can be taken care of with no harm to the reliability, some cant….magnifying glass inspection.

I understand being on a budget but guns are a touchy thing to skimp on, keep your 9, save for a decent used revolver that you can feel safe with.

A couple of posts you made here have been a little on the rocky side and that is fine. No one here wants to belittle anyone. Just accept good advice and don’t be quick to be offended. No one here is picking on you……Its just a little hard to figure out your mission

Thanks for keeping your head on straight. I ASSUMED the nagant was a bad idea. But, i didnt think it hurt to ask. I guess i was wrong.

Im more looking at the s&w i listed above. I dont think blue even got that far. Maybe i should just put guns down, im obviously too incompatent to safely carry. Blue is not the first to get this upset at my out loud thoughts. and although i think his post was very rude. I cant say he is wrong.

My thought was, a mosin 91/31 is a cheap gun, i wouldnt think it was a good gun to hunt with. But i cant tell you how many people i find that love hunting with them. so why not at least ask about there revolver?

I was thinking maybe get rid of the cheap gun, to have morw money, so i have a better, not so cheap gun. Thats all that was. Whats a collection if ever gun i have is something laughable?

Im sorry blue, for being an 'idot'. Thank you for your time.

Ok fellas, let's take a breather here.

We all have different levels of experience and were all on a learning curve at one point or another. Our forum is building a reputation for its open and hospitable atmosphere. Let's not let this be the thread that changes that.

Exactly why I am taking the time, I think I'm doing pretty good considering this is my 4th day with no tobacco products.

Just a few thoughts I wanted to touch on after reading this thread in it's entirety:
1. I came to this forum because of the awesome atmosphere that it has and am very happy with the consistency that the moderators have kept in enforcing that. I don't think (my opinion) that anyone reading the WHOLE post would take blue's response as rude, but more as someone fed up with explaining a subject to someone that Google could explain to them. RTFM = Read The Flippin' Manual. Good advice to live by.

2. With that said, gibson_es, I would highly recommend you do some research on your own. I for one, can not learn anything by simply asking a million and one questions. I have to put my hands on manuals, reliable posts and publishings, AND (with a grain of salt) opinions found on different forums across the net. Many hours go into product research before I ever buy a product, especially online. I would get in that same habit. We have some great posters here that have many great reviews.

3. I'm not one to buy used very often, but if you are wanting to buy something cheap, keep in mind that you usually get what you pay for. Now there is a difference between a good deal and cheap, you just need to have the experience handling whatever product you're looking at to know the difference. Again, gun review websites, forums, and customer reviews on gun auction sites are good things to look at. Keep in mind though, that these are personal opinions. The same pie don't always taste the same to two different people, as it where.

4. oli, quitting sucks, I know from experience. Stick with it, and in no time you will be glad you did. Congrats on making the attempt, hope to see you in the non-smoking section soon! :D

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Ok fellas, let's take a breather here.

We all have different levels of experience and were all on a learning curve at one point or another. Our forum is building a reputation for its open and hospitable atmosphere. Let's not let this be the thread that changes that.

Sorry... I got my blood up when I heard U.S. Women's Soccer were going to the finals... I'm still out of the discussion, but I'll be nice...

Back