• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SA-20 Range Report

mag318

Copper BB
I bought this SA-20 Tactical because frankly I like the way it felt. It's very comfortable in hand and shoulders well. I had some old low powered 20 gauge bulk ammo that I tried first and as expected it didn't have enough horsepower to cycle the action. I then shot some Federal Sabot Slugs 7/8 through it and the SA-20 functioned perfectly. These Sabots by the way were very accurate even out to 50 yards, good stuff. For my next outing I'll find some stouter loads for it like some 4 Buck. Cleaning the gun you realize what a high quality shotgun this truly is. I have a friend who was very impressed when touring the Armson factory in Turkey, relating that everything was state of the art.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the report. Be sure to post up some pics of your SA-20 when you get an opportunity...

This afternoon I tried some more loads through my SA-20 and they all functioned flawlessly.
Federal 2 3/4 000 Buck
Winchester 2 3/4 1oz No4 Shot
The more I shoot this Mossberg the more I like it. being a 20 gauge it's easy to control fast followup shots. The gun is light and swings naturally and has a smooth uncluttered design. Mossberg is going to sell as many of these quality shotguns as they import.
Trying to figure out how to download photos. Here's a short YouTube clip. http://youtu.be/l-oaFtBXwI4

Sweet man!

Be sure to keep us posted if you do. It'll be great to have some more reviews and info on the board...

Back