• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Saying Hello From Afghanistan

ShellGunning

Copper BB
I have been reading through the forums and finally decided to register. After looking around and seeing how nice this community is, I figured I would introduce myself.

My name is Eric, I have a 590 5+1, GRS, TacStar 6 shell sidesaddle carrier and love it. I am looking to buy a 12" LOP stock when I get back to the states. I am in the US Army (infantryman) currently in Afghanistan but I will be returning to lovely Hawaii in just over a month.

Thank you for your service and we're lookin forward to your safe return home buddy!

We're happy to have you on Mossberg Owners!!!

I'll check out that blog! ;)

Oh! My wife also said thank you for your service!

I checked out the blog, thats pretty cool, I like it!

Welcome to the forum, can’t wait to have you back home were you belong, stay low till then.

Welcome aboard!

We can't thank you enough for your dedicated service. We are deeply proud and indebted to all who serve to protect our great Country and our freedom. It'll be outstanding to hear of your safe return to U.S. soil. Opticsplanet.com has the Hogue Short LOP stock/forend combo on sale for $59.99 with free shipping right now. Hard to find a better deal out there...

http://www.opticsplanet.net/hogue-mossb ... 05032.html

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of your new 590 rig and any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

Good find LES! That is a good price on those and you cant beat the free shipping!

I can vouch for the Hogue short LOP being an outstanding traditional styled stock! I use it on my 590A1 and it has been excellent!

Rossignol said:
Good find LES! That is a good price on those and you cant beat the free shipping!

I can vouch for the Hogue short LOP being an outstanding traditional styled stock! I use it on my 590A1 and it has been excellent!

Yeah I came across one of your videos on youtube when I was looking into the stock. I also like to get behind the gun (squared up to the target) at close ranges (<100m). It's one of the habits I picked up in the Army, and it helps with the shotguns recoil.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Welcome aboard!

We can't thank you enough for your dedicated service. We are deeply proud and indebted to all who serve to protect our great Country and our freedom. It'll be outstanding to hear of your safe return to U.S. soil. Opticsplanet.com has the Hogue Short LOP stock/forend combo on sale for $59.99 with free shipping right now. Hard to find a better deal out there...

http://www.opticsplanet.net/hogue-mossb ... 05032.html

Awesome, thanks for the link!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Thank you for your service; it is much appreciated!

ShellGunner,
I just want to join everyone in saying, Welcome and thank you.
We're glad to have you here and sure hope you come home safe, sound and soon.

Even though I'm a tanker (one of the last M60A3 tankers who converted to an M1 Abrams), I love me some grunts and I'm proud of every one of you.

BTW, don't tell anyone I was nice to a ground-pounder, OK? ;)

Be safe,
Jeff

Shell, youre welcome, and thank you for checking out my viideos!

I'd go back into the Regular Army in a heartbeat if they'd have me. It was one of the greatest experiences (just under ten years) of my life. I'm sure glad there are guys like you who today are proudly serving our nation! Thank you.

And welsome to a truly special gun board. Lots of varied gun interests among us, not simply Mossberg. Please don't hesitate to jump in with posts or start your own threads anytime you like. We look forward to hearing of your experiences.

Glad you're here!

Expat_PM said:
BTW, don't tell anyone I was nice to a ground-pounder, OK? ;)

Be safe,
Jeff

Haha. Your secret is safe with me.

nitesite said:
I'd go back into the Regular Army in a heartbeat if they'd have me. It was one of the greatest experiences (just under ten years) of my life. I'm sure glad there are guys like you who today are proudly serving our nation! Thank you.

Glad you're here!

Even though I plan to get out, I can also say that it was a good time. You really learn alot and I think everyone should give at least a couple years to serve. It has certainly helped me grow as an individual.

Thank you for your service and welcome from MI

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum ShellGunning !!

...and thanks for your service soldier !!
army.gif

Howdy ShellGunning, Thank you for your service! and welcome to the club.

Back