• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

scopes

Dang man, mine def was not "on" out of the box! lol! But good deal, glad you like it, I havent been able to use mine much.

Thanks for the info! ;) Been awhile since I looked and I was going to start at 25 yards. I had figured it was one click = 1 MOA @ 100 yards so was doin the math. I want to use it on my Persuader cuz I already have a mag tube plug for it, gonna have it camo'd eventually and will be runnin the Hogue stock set for awhile to give that a thorough beating and review.

That stock looks great! Looks like a real good match too!

crap...one of the screws came loose cuz i forgot to lock tite it...now i gotta do it again...and turkey day is in a few hours....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You had a screw loose!!! :lol:

Ok ok... What screw was it? For the rail?

crap..the screw is now loose again. i need to find a long ejector screw so i put a nut on the outside of it. and dimple it so it doesn't come loose again. does any one know where i can get one. i'm going to go to my gun shop and ask them to point me in the right direction. any help is great. even if i have to buy in online and pay 3$ for the screw and 10$ to ship it.

I put a Tasco Bucksight 3-9 x 40mm with Weaver Quad-Lock see through mounting rings on mine yesterday.

I went to bore sight it and realized I had loaned out my 12 gauge bore site. I had an old 16 gauge. I cut a spent Remington 12 gauge shell and it was a perfect fit around the 16 gauge bore sight. Worked like a charm. Close to perfect at 50 yards. Barely enough room to see the bead sights if not looking through the scope.

Not a bad scope, not great either. $45.50 total price a Walmart. Limited Lifetime Warranty.

I need to pick up another scope for my saiga. I plan on using slugs only for that gun. So I need one that's going to hold up under the recoil. How many shots have you gone through with that scope? Is it still dead on?

It was late and I only fired one shot. I have a close neighbor but he is pretty understanding. Really don't want to get him on my wrong side.

I have a 60 yard range and if I were to build a bit of a stand could increase it to an easy 175 yard range. It's where the railroad bed was. Many years ago the tracks were pulled up and there was a grade change where they cut into the rock. I pushed up an earth berm at the end of my property in the gully cut by the grade change, just so I would have a place to sight in my weapons and not worry about collateral damage. I'm about a mile and a half outside the city limits so there is no noise ordinance.

It makes it real nice to just walk out back and lay down a few rounds with out having to load up and heat out to the farm.

I was thinking about these..

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas- ... l+Products

yS31w.jpg

Cabela's Slugger EXT Shotgun Scope $99.00

EXT bullet drop reticle
Calibrated out to 200 yards
Waterproof, shockproof and fog proof
Multicoated lenses and 1⁄4-MOA click-adjustments
Rugged 1" machined aluminum tubes
Extra-long, 3.75" eye-relief

The popularity of the new Hornady slugs makes them an ideal candidate to match with our EXT bullet drop reticle. The Slugger is calibrated to compensate for bullet drop out to 200 yards. Just sight in the main reticle at 100 yards and the other reticle aiming points will match the drop at 150 and 200 yards. The scopes are waterproof, shockproof and fog proof with high-quality, multicoated lenses and 1/4-MOA click-adjustments for windage and elevation. Tubes are rugged, 1" machined aluminum. The extra-long, 3.75" eye-relief facilitates mounting on shotguns.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Nikon-Pr ... l+Products

zfRgYl.jpg

Nikon ProStaff® Shotgun Hunter Scope $149.99

Reticle is calibrated for slug trajectories to 200 yds.
Slug-perfect 75-yd. parallax setting
Generous eye relief
Waterproof and fogproof

Its 75-yd. parallax setting and slug-calibrated BDC-200 reticle for shots to 200 yds. make this scope a perfect match for slug guns. Fully multicoated optics provide outstanding light transmission and low-light performance. Zero-reset turrets let you dial in shots at various ranges and then set back to zero for fast, in-field adjustments. Precise, positive-click 1⁄4-MOA windage and elevation adjustment. Generous, consistent eye relief and quick-focus eyepiece brings targets into focus fast. Nitrogen-filled, waterproof and fogproof.

Anyone have thoughts on these? or suggestions in the $99-$150 range?

DHonovich said:
That came out great. I might copy your idea for a scope on mine in the near future.

Have you tried it out yet?

There were a couple of bad reviews, One was on fogging, the other on staying sighted. The fogging may be loose lens. Had this happen to a quick point, it loosened up after several heavy loads. Removed, cleaned and reinstalled OK, that way A UAG. I'll let you know something back soon on the Tasco for less than 1/2 the money. I already tightened up this scope and mad double sure all the screws are tight. Had company this evening. Back to the salt mines in the morning. Will have a report sometime before the end of Sunday.

Attachments

• BlackHawk_835_scope_1.JPG
    BlackHawk_835_scope_1.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 428
Ah...right on...salt mines? :eek: damn. I went a mile under ground once in Cali, never again. I don't think I like being that far under ground. ;)

Had a pretty full weekend with honey do's but did walk out back and fire a bunch of 9 shot #00. At 60 yards I was fairly pleased with the Tasco Bucksight but I think I will swap back to the UAG red/blue dot 1x25mm and put the Tasco on my 88.

Will try and get some more targets this week.

Will try it again next weekend before swapping them out in between tending to a brisket I'll be smoking. My family clan is gathering near by for our annual get together and feast.

Back