• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shoot a 9mm? Winchester Ranger 127-gr +P+ at SG Ammo!

its all messed up now, one day a place has 27 cent m193 the next day its another place, one thing is SG never has the lowest price anymore unless the other 50 places are out of stock

last month bought 1000 x39. went right to SG because they do usually have x39 competitive but ended up going somewhere else for 20 cents a round shipped, it was gone in a week and spotted it again at another place

I like SGAmmo.com. I have bought 50 rounds boxes of 124gr Speer. Gold Dot standard pressure rounds. I also ordered some Federal 124gr HST rounds too. I still want to get some 147gr HST rounds but they were sold out before I could order any.

I don't shoot +P+ ammo in my 9mm. Just standard pressure or +P only.

Last edited:
For those that like to see video testing with meat and bone.

Tony, are you on any wait lists for the 147 HST? It's really great ammo.

But so is Gold Dot 124 +P and RA9T and also a few others.

I checked with a few different manufacturers before I fired the +p+ ammo through it, and turns out that Sturm Ruger said it would be alright to fire it through their P85 MkII, however Beretta said it was a big fat negatory in their 92's.

Thank you for contacting Beretta Customer Support.
We DO NOT recommend the use of +P+ ammunition in any of our firearms. It can cause excessive wear and can damage the firearm, You can use +P ammunition however we do not recommend a regular diet of that ammo.
Best regards,
Beretta Customer Support

So M9 pistols are fed a steady diet of NATO 9mm ammunition but Beretta says nyet for civilians shooting +P+ and only limited +P thru their guns?

Lawyers. Gotta love 'em.

On second thought...

I'm just telling you what they said.

Far as I can determine, the +P is along the lines of the max 38,500 Nato pressure.

I think what is giving them pause is that there is technically no SAAMI pressure standards for +P+.

Although I doubt that Federal is going to push it too much past the 38,500 for safety reasons, but it could have .01 over max and still be technically above +P standards and therefore +P+.

I can see where Beretta wouldn't be inclined to support the idea given their history of locking block failures with even standard velocity ammo...

Lockingblock-92FS.jpg

Their newer locking blocks have been redesigned with slightly different contours which seem to have fixed a lot of the problems but I understand why their legal dept. is a bit gun shy, so to speak...

I don't know when they started updating their locking blocks, but this gun was produced back in late '94, early '95, soooo.

Funny though, the main gun that went against the 92 in the military trials (Ruger P85), told me to fire away.

Funny thing about those military trials is that passing them only gets your foot through the door. The contract often goes to the manufacturer who can deliver the desired product at the lowest bid. I do like my Beretta 92's but the locking block issue was a big one...

Agreed. I know I wouldn't like to get smacked in the face with a slide.

I would probably take a road trip and address that personally.

Back