• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Should I prioritize fitting my Shockwave with an aftermarket safety?

I had plastic one break on an old 500 years ago. I wasn't abusing it, it simply cracked. I did replace it with a stock steel one. FYI, they can be a little tricky to swap out, with a tiny ball bearing that the whole thing rides on. Not sure it is something I'd want to do with these aging eyes. I would NOT want to have one break on me when I was in the field or in a duck blind. My original was very stiff, so I put a ProMag raised type on my Shockwave.

Well after almost a year since this thread was posted, I've decided to replace the stock safety switch with an NDZ Aluminum Safety Switch, both for ease of operation as well as a sort of "just incase" to insure lasting durability.

It only cost me $17, so it's not like I broke the bank buying it, and if it works as smoothly as the reviews I've read about it suggest, then it will be well worth it. The stock safety switch is still stiff to this very day, stiff enough that I worry that it could possibly be a hindrance in a home invasion scenario, so a smoother safety switch with a bit more leverage. (The design of the NDZ Safety Switch looks identical to the one offered by Promag.)

Back