• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

sights for 2 shooters

robtech87

.270 WIN
so it just kinda dawned on me...the mossy i ordered (cant wait til next friday!) come with the factory ghost rings which are nice but there's a problem...im a left handed shooter (due to a tragic ninja training incident when i was 4) and my fiance is a right handed shooter...should we just optimize the sights for one of us and the other deal with how the sights off? or is there some way that we could just mark the adjustments and switch it back and forth on the fly?

Doesn't really matter since if you were both righties or lefties, you'd each probably want to adjust the sights for the way you are built anyway. How the cheek lies on the stock. Eye placement on your heads (are you a hammerhead or are your eyes close together?). It all adds up to meaning you can only really set up a gun perfectly for one person. That should be the primary shooter. The other just needs to learn where to hold to hit center.

Put on a full length rail and cowitness a red dot with a set of flip upsights. One person uses reddot, the other the flip ups.

I agree with sighting it in and she can learn it after that.

Back