• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

So people are really paying these prices for .22LR?!

finding 22lr ammo is nearly impossibly. There is one shop on the eastern shore of Maryland that has a butt load of it but he is selling it for $65 for 500 rounds. i refuse to pay that. The gander mountain near me gets its shipments in each thursday night so everyone lines up friday morning to get a number to try and get ammo. I have gone a few times and were able to get some at normal prices. its getting worse then black friday shopping since people one week were pushing and shoving people to get to the ammo. hence now the number system since its all behind the counter now. i cant wait for everything to get back to normal but that doesnt look like its happening any time soon.

I walked into a Wal-Mart a few days ago and as I do every time I go in one, I walked to the back to laugh at the empty cabinet.... to my surprise there was 2 bricks of 525 in the case! I only grabbed one since my pockets are light right now but a box for 21 bucks was too good to pass up in this climate... wish I could have grabbed both, or at least seen it go to someone I know personally, but before I even finished checking out right there at the sporting goods counter someone walked up and snagged it.... I can't stand these cowboy capitalists thinking they can make a buck off this industry... I hope things turn a new leaf and all these punks get stuck with their piles of ammo n can't make a dime off em.

KMM90 said:
finding 22lr ammo is nearly impossibly. There is one shop on the eastern shore of Maryland that has a butt load of it but he is selling it for $65 for 500 rounds. i refuse to pay that. The gander mountain near me gets its shipments in each thursday night so everyone lines up friday morning to get a number to try and get ammo. I have gone a few times and were able to get some at normal prices. its getting worse then black friday shopping since people one week were pushing and shoving people to get to the ammo. hence now the number system since its all behind the counter now. i cant wait for everything to get back to normal but that doesnt look like its happening any time soon.

$65 for .22lr is absolutely insane! Even though I haven't seen a lot of bricks on store shelves... when they do appear, everyone here has kept their prices reasonable... right around the $25 mark.

Poopypants said:
I walked into a Wal-Mart a few days ago and as I do every time I go in one, I walked to the back to laugh at the empty cabinet.... to my surprise there was 2 bricks of 525 in the case! I only grabbed one since my pockets are light right now but a box for 21 bucks was too good to pass up in this climate... wish I could have grabbed both, or at least seen it go to someone I know personally, but before I even finished checking out right there at the sporting goods counter someone walked up and snagged it.... I can't stand these cowboy capitalists thinking they can make a buck off this industry... I hope things turn a new leaf and all these punks get stuck with their piles of ammo n can't make a dime off em.
:lol: :lol: :lol: (love the 'laughing at the empty cabinet' comment)

Well said man! I hope that will be the case and these opportunists get it right where it counts! Got a possible line on a brick of 500 CCI Mini-mags. All I have picked up this week is 100 Stingers (still .14/rd) and 100 12ga Winchester 2 3/4 #4 shot (.32/rd). Gonna keep picking up what I can find at reasonable prices.

Hope things turn around for you guys soon...shootin' season is upon us!! At least it is here...on lawn cutting #3 so far!! ;)

Back