• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Solar Eclipse 8/21/2017: Planning

Scoop

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
With just 2 months to go to the TOTAL solar eclipse that will traverse the US on Aug 21, 2017 it is time for me to go into little planning mode.

My home is just a mile inside the total band. But I'm going to make a trip north about 30 miles to get in the dead center so I can experience the max. I should get about 2 1/2 minutes of darkness, stars, temp drop, and hopefully a satisfying moment of awe. Then there is a 7 year wait till Apr. 8, 2024 till the next one that hits the US 48.
whole-us.gif

Go to this site for detailed maps of all states that are in the path
http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/maps.htm
TSE2017-06.jpg

I'm in Cleveland TN just above the word "Limit". I'll be going to Athens TN for the viewing on the Central Line.
Anybody else going to make the effort?

I am not too far south of the path. The locals will probably go all spastic and get all Wild West out of sheer terror of the sky going dim.

My Dad saw a total eclipse of the sun when he was a kid. I've seen partials, but never a total eclipse of the sun in my 68 years.

With just 2 months to go to the TOTAL solar eclipse that will traverse the US on Aug 21, 2017 it is time for me to go into little planning mode.

My home is just a mile inside the total band. But I'm going to make a trip north about 30 miles to get in the dead center so I can experience the max. I should get about 2 1/2 minutes of darkness, stars, temp drop, and hopefully a satisfying moment of awe. Then there is a 7 year wait till Apr. 8, 2024 till the next one that hits the US 48.
whole-us.gif

Go to this site for detailed maps of all states that are in the path
http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/maps.htm
TSE2017-06.jpg

I'm in Cleveland TN just above the word "Limit". I'll be going to Athens TN for the viewing on the Central Line.
Anybody else going to make the effort?
Il probably miss it down in south Alabama. But we were almost neighbors i lived in north Georgia several years. I drove up 71 to your area more than once to get some of the best liquid apple pie ever put in a jar. My oldest daughter first job out of college was in dalton just south of you. Enjoy the eclipse.

I'm about 2 1/2 hours drive north. So that's about 150 miles.

I never get no kind of fun like that.

Every time there's supposed to be a cool meteor shower or something going on up in the sky, it's always cloudy or foggy. I never get to see hardly anything cool.

I've seen a few meteor showers....pretty cool.

It's just a Russian plot to take out all the solar panels along that path...

Or Armageddon is on its way. A full solar eclipse AND a Tropical Storm/Depression rolling thru at the same time. Fun times to be had...

Last edited:
Back