• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Stocking up an many types of Ammo?

old mossy said:
ding dong,,,UPS man,,,,,,
You had me going M8!! I was slack jawed, drooling and jealous - that's a rough one for the brain to process!!

I've been buying heavily since the first mention of AWB. Now, I still have manufactured ammo in all calibers from the last election but as ammo went wild I went hard at the calibers that I reload and shoot in competition 9, 40 & 223. I've continued my habit of buying more than I shoot - in some areas, by far.

12 G has not been bad in the area and I easily buy more than I shoot across the spectrum. 22LR fell off the cliff - I have reserves and am sitting on that one. 7.62 x39 is my lowest - see some ocassionally - again, sitting on my reserve. My 223 continues to grow so I'm not so worried about the med. size round with 00 buck, slugs (0-100 yds) and the AR as backup.

I need to find time to convert componnants into ammo - practice/match and Sd/HD.

It's not hard to stay ahead of my shooting schedule but with my current inventory it's time to start stacking and packing!!

i'd like to ask a favor of you or any friends that live in MO. stop by the Fiocchi factory and see whats going on. i'm curious to whats going on.is there really a shortage, or just us buying like crazy?
TY

old mossy said:
i'd like to ask a favor of you or any friends that live in MO. stop by the Fiocchi factory and see whats going on. i'm curious to whats going on.is there really a shortage, or just us buying like crazy?
TY
I'd like to do that and will see what I can do. Winchester has a major facility in the region as well. My neighbor writes for more than one on-line blog/mag - maybe we can get to some of the truth about ammo!

GunnyGene said:
Ok, I know what you're driving at
Yeah, not trying to be a jerk it’s just that there really are solid slugs, sabots.

It can be confusing enough for people learning about slugs and the next thing you know people are shooting solid sabots through full chokes lol……

No doubt Brennekes are more solid than fosters and the attached wad is a superior design…..love them.

No disrespect

Back