• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tac'd Out, Photo Thread, *Pics Added*

Thanks Shaner! but I cant believe no one else has an LBV or body armour or chest rig, or even competition or hunting gear!

Remember the 1st rule of the interwebs;
Pics or it didnt happen! or doesnt exist, whichever! :lol:

Well in my defense, I am still a noob. I only recently acquired my guns, and hunting gear. So all that stuff is on my list of things to get. So when i do, I'll post em up, but until then, this is pretty much all i have....

gy9rCl.jpg

What I'm wearing;
Cabela's Ghil-Leaf™ Hooded Jacket
Cabela's Ghil-Leaf™ Cargo Pants
Cabela's Ghil-Leaf™ Facemask
Cabela's Camoskinz™ Unlined Gripper Dot Gloves
Chippewa 8" black loggers
Military-Spec 6-Pocket BDU Pants
Hard Rock Cafe camo t shirt
Hanes camo boxers

Gear;
Cabela's Speed Seat™ 1/2-Vest
Maratac EDC Pocket Organizer in Coyote Tan
Ripjack13's Home made Mudinyeri Contest winning survival container containing the following:
1 tin Altoids can
1 hand warmer
1 clean wipe
1 packet triple ant biotic
1 packet anti burn cream
2 iodine pads
8 ibuprofen
1 large band aid
1 small band aid
1 2' square of tin foil.
1 curved sewing needle
2 fish hooks 1 plain & 1 fly
1 lead weight.
100' fishing line
8 water proof matches
1 tweezers
1 AAA flashlight
1 compass
1 knife
1 bracelet made from 2 50' 1/4" rope
1 shackle
1 $100.00 bill
8' duct tape (camo)
1 rubber band
1 zip lock baggie

Carrying;
Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag
Truglo Strut Stopper Xtreme
Bushnell 730132P Trophy 1x32 MP Red Dot Sight
Millett Shotgun See-Thru Saddle Mount
KNOXX SPEC-OPS Camo Stock
Butler Creek Padded Quick Carry Sling
Federal Premium® Mag-Shok Turkey Loads

Dude, Thats what I'm talkin about!!! Sweet Ghillie set up RipJack! How do you like the Chippewa boots? I had a pair some time ago and really liked them! Never had the loggers, that was what I really wanted!

The camo on the boxers works great cuz I cant even see them!

ok, I'm done editing...

those boots are awesome. i have had them for 4 years. soles still good. however i alternate my boots, i have 3 pairs. chips, and 2 carolinas. one steel toe.
they are all comfortable, if you put in the right gel soles.

Rossignol said:
The camo on the boxers works great cuz I cant even see them!

Isn't that the point?.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is indeed the point! :D

Thats a pretty decent collection of boots! I used to wear Carolina loggers ALL THE TIME!!!

Everything I plan to wear if the S(really)HTF will be either:

Totally casual non-descript civilian attire with layer upon layer of guns and other useful crap on or about me, unless I am working when it's

Dark Midnight Navy PDUs from 5.11, an external raid vest with radio, extra 1911 mags, ten 30-rd AR-15 mags, four Pelican 8060 or similar flashlights, a GLOCK34 and six loaded mags, a single stack compact 9mm BUG velcro'd to the front of my concealeable armor, my normal duty belt with 5" Gov't 1911 and three mags, X26 Taser, then there is that pesky 16" RRA Patrol Rifle with EoTech and 3-point sling, a Mossberg 590 8+1 w/ Ghost Rings and loaded with seven Federal Tactical Tru-Ball 1-oz Low Recoil Tactical Slugs, several boxes of LE12700 buck and more Tru-Ball slugs.

God help the Mother-F-er who decides to go active shooter at the elem school I protect.

Heck, God help me if I have to carry even 1/3 of that stuff into the building.... ;)

Awwww. Geez. I'm just gonna have to get a photo or two when the hausfrau isn't around to mock and ridicule me. :)

Tac'd Out ... :lol:

DSCN1483.jpg

Danner Boots
Desert Camo BDU's (left over from Desert Storm I issue)
$10 Hat from an Outdoor Expo
Brush Hide Coat
WileyX Romer II Glasses
Under Armour Base Layer
Columbia Titanium Shirt
Eberlestock Mini-Me Pack (somewhere nearby)
Glock 20 (on my hip)
Mutt AR-15 (somewhere nearby; used to kill the hog)
Tasty Hog

Is that a hunting ranch or something ?

I am a Danner guy. Super Rainforest for the last 15 years.

oli700 said:
Is that a hunting ranch or something ?

I am a Danner guy. Super Rainforest for the last 15 years.

Yeah, it's a 1600 acre ranch in Oklahoma. We were helping them clean up some feral hogs.

nitesite said:
Awwww. Geez. I'm just gonna have to get a photo or two when the hausfrau isn't around to mock and ridicule me. :)

Aw, just have her take the pic for you its cool! And the look youll get is priceless when she sees you! :lol:

Thats a heck of a load out man, we have to see how the heck you carry it all!

Playing Dress Up

During my time playing paintball, I collected a few bits of camo, tac vest, etc. Now that I'm out of paintball. I decided to move things around and see what I'd come up with. On the tac vest I took off all the paintball specific parts and had a local place install MOLLE strips on the lower front. The vest has an internal pocket for 100 oz Camelbak bladder. I picked up some surplus M16 double mag holders. I turned two of them into shot shell holders and the other two are for my 30 rd PMags. The top and hat are "real milspec" the pant are made by a paintball clothing company. Very comfortable compared to "real milspec" pant.

vest004.jpg

My load out round count is 150 rds 5.56mm + 30 in the AR, 14 rds 00 buck & 6 slugs + 8 & 1 00 buck in the 590 & 7 00 buck on the side saddle, AND 2 slugs in the Speed Feed stock. This should take care of the first wave of Zombies.

vest005.jpg

Kodiak, thats sweet! I really like multi-cam, and the vest looks great!

tnxdshooter said:
Dont have any tactical clothes. Reckon im sol

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless
Actually civvies are a good camo in and of it's self in an urban environment. Just ask the Taliban.

Rossignol - Now after seeing this thread, I'm going to have put it all together, lol. I have a shemag and gloves I didn't put on in the first pic. I'm also thinking of removing the left pouch and have MOLLE strips put in. I'm not sure they thou. If the pouch does not interfere with the 590 or AR, I just may leave it. I also have a whole open back on the vest that I plan on having MOLLE strips put on. I can then attach a "pack" to it.

This is a great thread, my wife looked at me funny to when I asked her to take pics. Like a calf looking at a new gate!

Kodiak said:
tnxdshooter said:
Dont have any tactical clothes. Reckon im sol

Actually civvies are a good camo in and of it's self in an urban environment. Just ask the Taliban.

Rossignol - Now after seeing this thread, I'm going to have put it all together, lol. I have a shemag and gloves I didn't put on in the first pic. I'm also thinking of removing the left pouch and have MOLLE strips put in. I'm not sure they thou. If the pouch does not interfere with the 590 or AR, I just may leave it. I also have a whole open back on the vest that I plan on having MOLLE strips put on. I can then attach a "pack" to it.

This is a great thread, my wife looked at me funny to when I asked her to take pics. Like a calf looking at a new gate!

I got a black pair of bdu pants, a real tree camo shirt and a real tree camo hat. Oh and i do have a pair of real tree camo wrangler jeans. Aint exactly tacticool but I reckon if I needed to hide in the woods it work just fine.

Back