• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

tactical forend pressure switch pad

Anybody know which brand of pressure switch pad fits the pad areas on the mossberg tactical forends? I have a flex 500 cruiser and have a utg laser/light combo set up and i'm trying to figure out where to mount the pressure switch for the laser. I would love to utilize the spaces that are molded into the new forends, but the switches that came with the utg are small and would not be a nice clean set up.

Any help or suggestions are welcome. I will try to get some pictures up here later today to help explain.

I use Velcro. Laser one side light the other on my shotty forend. My carbine both in easy reach of my right thumb.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Here are a couple pics. You can see just how small those switches are compared to the switch slots on the forend. In the additional Flex manual that came with it, there is a picture of a switch that fits perfectly in the slot. I would like to find out who makes this switch...I'm assuming Mossberg makes one. I'm just curious if anybody knows if there is a standard size or style to look for. Also, has anybody ever hacked one of these things and combined two of these into one. I would like both the laser and the light to be operated off of one switch.

Attachments

• IMAG1012x.jpg
    IMAG1012x.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 239
  • IMAG1014x.jpg
    IMAG1014x.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 239
knowname55,

I can't read the directions, but I see where it says "Light Switch Pocket". Can you place the switches under the cap in the forend, and press on the cap to activate?

Frank

Nah, I tried that and the utg switches caused the pad to stand-off so much that the velcro wouldn't hold, nor would the switch activate. I took the velco off and tried again to see if the switch would even engage and it didn't. I think I could modify the forend to mount these somewhere trick but I wanted to explore all my options before I start with the Dremel. If you look at the Fig. 11 there is a switch in the "pocket" that fits perfectly. I'd love to know who makes that one, but I haven't found anything yet. I hope you guys don't know mind the pics.

Attachments

• IMAG1015x.jpg
    IMAG1015x.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 219
  • IMAG1016x.jpg
    IMAG1016x.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 219
  • IMAG1017x.jpg
    IMAG1017x.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 220
I did a little late night searching and found a company called Klarus. Anybody else ever use these lights and switches?

Had the same question with my 500 tactical flex. Definitely going to look at the Klarus options. Just bought a light but not using the pressure switch.

I have a Klarus XT 11 600 lumen tac light mounted on my Beretta CX4 .40SW carbine. I use the optional remote sw supplied by Klarus. Works fine. it has more than momentary use, AND allows for switching between modes using remote sw. Has constant on too. And it is a large pad. 60mm plus long.

Knocking off a tube full of 3 inch magnum shells rapidly at the range recently, not one blip was seen from the Jetbeam.

The Klarus has remained on the 40 S&W carbine since it’s arrival at one spot or another. Because it is lightweight it has no deleterious affects wherever it gets stuck onto the rifle. It has held up likewise to the Jetbeam PC25. Not a flicker or blip. Ever.

The cool feature on the XT 11 light aside from that of it’s sheer power is that the XT 11 remote sw enables more than mere on off settings. The large bump on the remote sw or any other of the buttons on this sw give momentary operation.
The exception to this rule is the Largest swell nearest the tube attached to the light itself is the Main sw. Holding this button down for more than a couple seconds engages constant mode. Pressing this same button again, begins cycling the modes. One presss, another mode. Another press, another mode.
It will/can cycle thru LO, MED, HIGH, and STROBE.
Pressing any of the buttons located farther down the tab OR pad, if you prefer, once energized, turns off the light completely. Once off, any of those same buttons enable operation of the light’s last used mode, so long as it/they remain depressed. Letting off extinguishes the torch.

Depending on how you want to position it on your shotgun, you may wish to merely use the supplied tail cap sw. Mine rides directly beneath the barrel just forward of the forend so my thumb or finger of my off hand can access & operate it easily.

The tail cap sw is a stepped item. One half of the sw is lower than the other portion so operation is very simple. Probably not so with heavy gloves though.

I want to put a dedicated green laser atop the 930’s receiver but until I replace and have the new barrel refitted with Accu Choke, the LED rides on the 930 receiver as the huge Hulkish front sight stops the use of a laser there. It does however make for a cool shadow sight on the target.

The problem with using the 600 lumen Klarus or the 408 lumen Jetbeam is the brightness of the Klarus just about wipes out the Laser’s green dot when either is set to max output.

As each LED, the Klarus and Jetbeams and so many others have momentary on or full on, thinking about which sw does what, gets subtracted from any scenario. Or at least this way I feel more comfortable.

Klarus and the Jetbeam line especially, are great weapon lights for sure. Double springs. Reverse polarity OK. CR 123 or 18650’s.

No remote press sw for the PC25 though. The newer 600 Jetbeam has one.

Streamlight recently released a 650 lumen which is cheaper than either of these and I gelieve it can accept a remote sw. around $60 I think.

Good luck!

Back