• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Gun Tool by Real Avid

Sn3aKyGuY

.30-06
The Gun Tool by Real Avid
http://www.realavid.com/index.php/the-gun-tool.html/

Field or range, this is the most versatile and handy combo a shooter can carry. The Gun Tool is loaded with 18 of the most frequently used long gun tools, including five Torx and Allen wrenches and four magnetic hex drive bits, in a compact and ergonomic folding frame. A stout claw-point blade is ideal for ammo boxes, and the pin punch makes quick work of disassembly. The multi-function choke wrench fits most tubes from .410 to 10 ga. and doubles as a scope windage and elevation adjuster. A durable stainless steel and grip-coat polymer frame neatly houses every implement. Unlike handyman multi-tools, the Gun Tool is built from the specific needs, insights and frustrations of hunters and shooters. No tool fits you better.

Tools Included:

• 420 SS Claw-point blade
• Gun Pin Punch
• Choke Wrench: 10 ga; 12 ga; 16 ga; 20 ga; 28 ga; .410
• Scope windage/elevation blade
• Torx drive: T20; T15; T10
• Allen Hex drive: 3/32"; 5/32"
• Magnetic 3/16" driver
• screwdrivers: 1/8" flat; 3/16" flat; Phillips 1 & 2
• Magnetic bit storage block with access door
• 420 Stainless steel frame with Rubber grip-
coated polymer jackets

bits_6.jpg

hex-torx_4.jpg

bit-driver_4.jpg

pin-punch_4.jpg

blade_4.jpg

choke-wrench_4.jpg

choke-wrench2_4.jpg

windage-elev_4.jpg

==================================================

Got a chance to play with this today. Got a package in the mail today with a UTG rail (thanks Rossi). Since our good friend Rossi decided to package it in such a way that even the USPS couldn't mess it up, I got to use the claw point blade to open the box. Nice and sharp, easily cut open the shipping box with no issues.

The hex keys worked and fit great. The shape of the multi-tools handle fit my hand great no matter what position I was holding it in and allowed me to provide adequate torque without twisting or flexing the shaft of the hex key. I was kind of disappointed that neither of the hex keys fit the mounting screw for my SPARC, but that's more to do with Vortex not using standard sized hex screws than Real Avid not including more sizes. The SPARC did come with the proper size hex keys to install everything, but now that's just one more thing I have to carry around and keep from loosing.

The magnetic screw driver bits were good and bad. They held up great, didn't mare up any surface I used them on or get scratched up like I was expecting them too. They are magnetic, but the bit holder is not so the bits like to fall out if you don't pull them straight out of the screw. Again, the handle was comfortable during use with the bits during use. The compartment that the 4 screwdriver bits are stored in is held closed by a magnet. It's fine for what it's meant to do, but I could see it coming open in a pocket or something and dumping the bits out if you were running, jumping or rolling around with it.

The choke tube tool worked as advertised, which I'm thrilled about. That's one less thing I have to have in my range bag. The choke tool Mossberg included with my chokes, while functional, leaves a lot to be desired. It's small and black which makes it hard to see in a black range bag and I'm surprised I haven't lost it yet. The tip of the choke tube tool fit perfectly into the SPARCs adjustment heads, as it was designed to. And the punch .. well it's a punch. It works as it's intended to.

Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase. It was a well spent $24.99.

That looks like an awesome purpose built multi-tool! Looking forward to the review...

Yea...looks interesting ! I'll be watching for the review !

WOW! As I scrolled down through the pics, I kept sayin wow!, oh Wow! WOW!

That looks incredibly handy!!! Thanks for writin it up!!!

Back