• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Things are going pretty well at the bench and the shooting range::::

And I found some IMR Hi-Skor 700-X powder at my LGS for $18 per bottle. I bought just two, although I could have bought 4-lb bottles for $62 each.

That is all.

I caved. In the OP the two 700-X bottles I recently mentioned buying are labeled 14-ounces each so they are not sold at a full pound.

Today I just manned up and bought a jug of IMR 700-X that was four full pounds for $62.

This stuff is just about as versatile as Bullseye powder, but NOBODY has seen any Alliant pistol powder on a shelf or online store in forever. So I'm stocking up a little cuz it's there and it can be mine.

Using my 124-gr cast LRNs a 1050-fps 9mm plinking/training round takes only 3.4 grains... which translates to TWO THOUSAND loaded rounds per pound of powder!

And this 700-X also works great in my .38-Special and .45-Auto and .45 Colt.

I think I'm good for a little while, since I also have unopened AA5, AA7, AA9, Titegroup, Unique, Clays, 2400, Trail Boss....

Might have to get a few more primers though. And keep scrounging wheel weights while I still can get 'em.

Back