• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Thinking of putting a Magpul Grip on 590a1.

jack122

Copper BB
I am not sure how it would work or if I need it. I am not even sure if I would like it. I'm not having any problems as is all I want to do is add stuff.

Attachments

• SAM_0633.jpg
    SAM_0633.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 249
LES has both the AFG and verticle grips. I have the AFG and like it a lot! There can be some issues associated with the AFG and if its something you wanna look into more Ill be happy to detail potential problems, let me know!

I should have been more clear it is the foregrip I am thinking of putting on. I just don't know if there is a benefit to having one. I know I could just try it but I don't want to put the money into it if there is no reason too. I would rather put the money into something that would help me become a better shooter.

The only reason I use foregrips on mine is that I have issues with my wrist that makes supporting the weight of the weapon with the "palm up" hold on a traditional forearm quite painful. The AFG simply allows for a better alignment of my wrist and works well for my needs.

It comes down to fitting the weapon to my needs. If you're comfortable as is, then there's no reason to spend the extra cash on additional accessories. That money would definitely be better spent on ammo...

My wife already thinks I'm nuts for all the ammo I'm buying. I do believe you can never have enough though. I think I will hold off on the foregrip as I don't really need it. Thanks for your input.
Jack

I have the AFG for very similar reasons LES cited. For me it actually makes shooting and cycling the action possible somedays.

I admire your thinkin and desire to spend the $$$ where it will help make you a more effective shooter and ammo is probably the best place, you can always practice more when there's plenty of ammo!

Rossignol said:
LES has both the AFG and verticle grips. I have the AFG and like it a lot! There can be some issues associated with the AFG and if its something you wanna look into more Ill be happy to detail potential problems, let me know!

I'd like to know the potential problems as I'm looking at getting the AFG for my 590 tact. :?:

Back