• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Total New Guy

Stegle

Hello all, my name is Steve and I'm awaiting the arrival of my very first gun ever. It's a 590a1 model #51414, 18.5" fluted barrel, Speedstock, Parkerized, Bead. I've ordered a +2 mag extension from S&J and an MTC flashlight mount from CDM.
I would welcome any advice on which flashlight brands, reliability, that would serve the basic needs in a HD shotgun. I can't afford the TLR-2 or really anything over $100 right now.
My oldest son is pretty knowledgeable about firearms and had owned a 500 in the past. He had nothing but good to say about it and is really excited that I'm getting a 590a1. Well I am too, and look forward to some quality father son time shooting together.
Glad to be here and have posted some questions already with great answers and knowledge :!:

Steve N.

Hello Steve. Welcome to the forums from NY and congrats on your "soon to be" Mossy. :)

Welcome Steve!

I'm just a little over a year and a few months of owning my first gun ever, a 590A1.

The only thing I did within the first few months was to change the stock to a shorter pull. I waited a full year to change up anything else. I wanted to learn the gun as it was.
Enjoy it!

Welcome to the world of gun ownership and welcome to the forum!!!

Welcome to Mossberg owners forum.

And congratulations on the 590.

From the Last Frontier! Still getting used to this fluted barrel thing for shotguns, but great purchase none the less!

Welcome aboard!

Glad to see you're finding the forum helpful. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your 590A1 when it arrives. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Thanks all for the warm welcome! I had a letdown tonight thinking I'd be sitting here with my new 590A1, but even though they sent the correct model and it was perfect in every detail except, it's supposed to come with the speedfeed stock and it didn't. So now it's wait some more and see what has to happen now.
I was a little deflated after being so pumped to go get it! Oh well, we don't live in a perfect world do we!

Howdy and welcome to the club. :D
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy it here with our laid back, relaxed approach at Mossberg Owners.
And remember....
We're here to help, not hinder. ;)

ripjack13
smiley-greet013.gif

Back