• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

VA: Gun Confiscation Comes to Virginia

Virginia: "Red Flag" Gun Confiscation Vote Tomorrow in Senate
Tuesday, January 21, 2020
Support NRA-ILA
On January 22nd, the Virginia Senate will be holding a floor vote on Senate Bill 240 to suspend Second Amendment rights and confiscate firearms without due process. Please click here to find your state Senator and call them to express your opposition to SB 240.

Senate Bill 240, sponsored by Senator George Barker, would grant the authority to seize a person’s firearms on baseless accusations without a hearing or other opportunity for a person to be heard in court. It permits the government to seize firearms based on weak evidence and nebulous standards of evidence.

A person subject to a suspension of a Constitutional right should be entitled to high evidentiary standards, an opportunity to be heard, and the right to face his or her accusers. Civil liberties advocates from across the political spectrum have expressed concerns with SB 240 and how the “red flag” procedure might lead to abuses of the process because of insufficient due process protections in the bill.

We've never really had a red flag law here in California until just recently but you could always just go to the local sheriff and file a complaint that so-and-so was being irresponsible with a gun and the sheriff would go and take care of the situation.

Most of the shootings that happened in central California are related to the trade in marijuana among the Mexicans, methamphetamine among the Oakies and Arkies, and human trafficking among the Asians.

But there are a lot of shootings here. If you look up the historical statistics for Fresno County and the surrounding area it is clear that there is still a lot of wild west action out here.

I just wanted to post this. It came through my feed.

7D93E45A-1325-43A0-B7FA-4A25854DC426_zpsleiszaod.jpg

Yep. They're filling their pockets. To hell with representing their constituents.

Well, after all the bad news above.......

Ban on assault weapon sales dies in Va. Senate committee

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...5cdb82-5189-11ea-9e47-59804be1dcfb_story.html

RICHMOND — Democrats who won control of Virginia's legislature on the promise of sweeping gun control lost a battle over assault-style weapons on Monday, handing Gov. Ralph Northam a big defeat and giving a rare win to Second Amendment activists in a newly blue Capitol.

A Virginia Senate committee killed a bill that would have banned the sale of assault-style weapons and possession of high-capacity magazines. It had been a top priority for Northam (D), a former Army doctor who served in Operation Desert Storm and often remarks that he has "seen firsthand what weapons of war do to human beings."

The bill was part of a package of eight gun-control measures Northam advanced after a shooter killed 12 people at a Virginia Beach municipal building on May 31. Republicans’ refusal to act on those bills last summer, in a special session they gaveled out in 90 minutes, became a rallying cry for Democrats in November elections. They flipped the state House and Senate blue for the first time in a generation.

The House has passed all eight of Northam’s bills, but a handful of Democrats in the less liberal Senate have quashed three of them amid fears that the newly empowered party might overplay its hand. The same tension has been playing out on other fronts, with the Senate taking a more cautious approach on issues such as the minimum wage, collective bargaining and state budgeting.

--More at link --

Hopefully they will continue to hold out in the future. I am certain the other house will not give up their quest to trample second amendment rights in Virginia.

Virginia news isn't all rosey. Here some more of the story.

6079263769959578081.jpg

That is not good. I have no doubts that gov blackface will break his neck to sign them. Would probably call a special news alert for it.

I got an email from Iowa Gun Owners. State Leglesstraitors have this type of agenda in the House now and IGO says (there was no full description given) the bills coming up are the most drastic bills to date. I will try to relate further developments. Here is a link:

https://www.iowagunowners.org/

Last edited:
Back